Cute ideas for a fathers day gift for a first time father-to-be?

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
Any ideas ladies? I want to do something sweet, but not quite sure.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I'm taking my husband on a dinner cruise...getting balloons and the ipad 2 that he has been begging for.
  • Hey giving him a kid is already a fathers day gift for life. Hahahaha.
  • I know I just wanted to do something special for him. He may have his son by then, but I still want him to know I'm thankful for him and I think he will be an amazing dad. He got me a card and a prenatal massage for mother's day, and u would like to find something meaningful for him
  • Hmmm.
    I've been trying to find something with meaning to give my Hubby-to-Be. For mother's day, he took me to dinner and bought me a beautiful charm bracelet with a "baby" charm on it. I can't exactly run out and buy him a bracelet, but I want something that has a little more meaning than a card.
    I'm completely clueless...Men are difficult to buy for, in situations like this.
  • My husband is a huge dragons den fan. Last season some one was on there with boxers that "separate" the man parts for more comfort... well what do you know i found them in a store! They are by far more money than what you pay at costco for a pack of 5... but i know how much he will love them! And after baby is born he will have to be happy with what costco has to offer!
  • edited June 2011
    I'm getting my hubby a photo frame at things remembered and I'm getting it engraved and I'll be putting our boy's 3d ultrasound pic in it. And he'll be getting a gift card to bass pro shop and I already ordered a ps3 which is what he's wanted. Oh and a onesie that say's handsome just like daddy:)
  • Google "walk with me daddy frame". Its a cute picture frame with a poem about a father and his child. I got that for hubby and will put an ultrasound pic in it. I also got him a money clip with a couple lines of a love poem engraved in it.
  • @marie0907- omg I googled it and I cried it's so cute.
  • @marie0907 Omg! That's too precious...thanks for sharing!
    I'm thinking that I FINALLY have an idea as to what I'm going to do...but I'm sure I'll change my mind, all over again.
    Hubby-to-Be and I have been absolute BEST friends since we were in Middle School; we were the "terrible two", always stirring up trouble! I was looking through some old things today, that I've kept in a shoebox for YEARS...and I stumbled across a few things that were very, very special to me back then.
    When we were in 7th grade, I started developing that "more than friends" feeling for him, but I held it in...I found a poem that I wrote to him around that same time...and the last line says, "...I don't know what the future holds, but I'll always carry you in my heart; time made lead us in different directions, but we'll never be far apart. I love you, Always and Forever..." I never showed him this poem or said anything about it. When we were 17, we began our actual "relationship" and I find it so funny that, here we are today, having a baby together. I thought that I'd put together an album of us growing up together...adding in notes that we wrote, the poem, and the flower petals from our first date. At the end of the album, I'll include all of the things that I've collected in my pregnancy; copies of ultrasounds, pictures of the changing belly...things like that.

I've already bought him a PS3 and a gift-card for GameStop; it's not as meaningful, but he wants it, and I find it terribly hard to say no.
    I'm sure I'll end up changing my mind, AGAIN, but I think that the album is something that we can hold onto and use to look back on in the future...and something that we can even share with Baby later on in life...
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife can I be your hubby! LOL
  • edited June 2011
    Oh wow that sounds so sweet and a really good idea even though he's a guy I'm sure He will love it @monkeysmommy2011
  • Lol @jess510 I don't think he is gonna go for that!
  • I bought some textile/fabric paints and some plain baby grows and going to write daddys little princess and i love my daddy on them, something personal, plus i can make lota more for babs, on bibs, headbands,mitts etc :D