bf's mom is drivin me crazy

edited February 2011 in Teen moms
I just turned 20 last Nov and I have been living with my boyfriend's family for 7 months now. I was only supposed to stay for a semester of school until I got my own place but now that I want to move out my bf's mom is doin the impossible to make me stay since I'm having her first grandchild soon. The rude thing is that I'm confident I can be a mom n a student n work but she keeps bursting my bubbles tellin me I can't bcuz "I don't know how to race a child or what to do with one'' etc etc ... she's a very over protective lady but she's nice . What I don't want is to be kept from being independent like she has kept my bf's bother (26 yrs old) n his 20 yr old gf ... what can I tell her so she can understand that we can make it on our own?

Comments

• Don't say anything, you're an adult and you should make healthy decisions for yourself and your child. she may not like it, she may put up a fight our even turn her back on you temporarily but if youre confident you can raise a child without any help, that's what you should do.