help!!!!"

I went to the doctor and was told that i am 2cm dialated and 70% effaced! Can anyone tell me what that means? Because my doc told me tht i probably wont make it to my due date which is in 4 weeks 4 days and that i would hopefully make it to 37 weeks so that my baby could be considered full term. I am scared that my baby will come too soon and he wont be healthy. Has anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• I think ull be fine really it doesnt mean anything
  • After the 36th week a baby is considered full term so I wouldn't worry everything will be fine :)
  • You're dilated 2cm out of 10 and your cervix is 70% thinned. Don't let him scare you, I was 2cm at my 37 week appt and still went 41 weeks + 1 day. :) Your body is supposed to do this hun. :)
  • I am just worried bc i am really active and i know that can make him come sooner! But i cant just sit around and do nothing.
  • You are pretty darn close to full term...I wouldn't worry!! You get to meet your lil blessing early!. Csection babies are delivered between 37-38 wks. So you will be good and baby should be great!
  • @misskristin thanks i am ready for him to come but i want him to be ready!
  • I had all three of by kids at 7 1/2 mths most likely I won't carry that far either