nursery themes!

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Alright my fellow pregger ladies...I know we are all thinking about it whether you are only a few weeks or a few months! What is the nursery theme?! So exciting to start doing the baby's room all cute, right? So share your thoughts, ideas, and decorating tips for the mommies to be! :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Since my husband is in the navy and we both love the ocean, we are having a sailor/beach theme. Got real anchors, and star fish etc. I'm EXCITED!

YOU?
  • Im just doing a jungle theme I guess lol. I didn't want to know what I was having at first so I bought a whole bunch of 'nuetral' stuff only to.give in and find out its a girl. But the bumper is leopard so its kinda girlie >:D<
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My bby girl will be sharing room with sis, so i need help and motivation to start...
  • Amazon jungle babies! Mostly monkeys! I can't wait going to start painting and putting everything together next weekend.
  • Waiting to find out the gender, but if it's a girl as I keep getting a gut feeling about then it'll be everything pink! I didn't get to do that with my oldest.
  • So so cute ladies!!!! So y'all don't know What your havin? Me either! We are going with Disney's Peter Pan. It can go either way...more tinker bell if its a girl or more pirates And pan if its a boy! As for right now we are getting neverland pics that go both ways. So the big question is...did the hubby or bf help decided?! :p cause mine took the backseat. LOL
  • @ Betty how old is you daughter?
  • My husband an I both brain stormed....he is a little TOO excited so I kinda wish he would've took a backseat. LOL
  • Im gonna do a new school alice and wonderland theme, my tattoo artist is going to paint the mural (he is amazing) and Im making a chandelier out of tea cups little plates spoons and dishes ;) im so excited!
  • LOL! Awhhh but its good to see them excited! I'm only 9 weeks and my hubby talks to mine...I tell him it can't hear him yet and that pudge he rubs isn't the baby its the fat the Baby is making me eat. Lmao!
  • My daughters nursery is hello Kitty. I wanna do my sons in Philadelphia phillies but my husband is a braves fan L-) lol
  • @ bellareust that sounds awesome! Pretty crafty and cute sounding!
  • @Aaronsarmywife Yah my husband talks to my "baby" (im only 6 weeks 2 days...so its more fat) I tell him the baby can't hear...he says the baby can feel vibes. Lmao
  • If we would have been having a girl I was gonna do ladyugs! Ut ladies the brand bedding I got is geenny.com and they have 13pc sets and on amazon.com it was only like 99.99 I think. Great deal and they are really cute. I got the lamp shade to match and it has monkeys all over it! They were just out of the mobile.
  • I'm doing all monkeys...with pastel pinks greens and purples since I couldn't find anything with humming birds on it....and in obsessed with monkeys so since right now the hubby is gone I'm staying with my parents me and my daughter are sharing a room it will go great since all my stuff is pretty much monkeys
  • @babymaxisontheway we have the same theme, monkeys and all :) There's a musical mobile on sears.com for $40 and it's has only monkeys it but I can't paint the walls so I'm glad that site has great decals. I'm also going to sew a leafy canopy to hang across the ceiling and the baby's zodiac showing thru leaves....i think I'm going to go decorating crazy
  • I like winnie the poo, lol
  • Im doing bright colored vintage robots
  • TThanks cookie! Ill look at it. My mom found one online that monkeys and leaves on it and the colors match perfect so im going to check both out!
  • With my first daughter everything was winnie the pooh from the swing to wall border and so on. With my second daughter everything is under the sea theme. The walls are painted with sea creatures on the wall. She has under the sea curtains and the whole 9 yards. With this baby I'm pretty sure I wanna use the same under the sea theme.
  • i would love to do a winnie the pooh theme but not actually have a nursery so will just do the crib and stuff in winnie the pooh
  • Ballerina pink and grey if its a girl and I was thinking Noah's Ark
  • if it is a girl itll be like an old new orleans style with black and white pics and color objects..im not so sure yet on boys but most probably planes since my husband loves to fly his planes
  • I'm goin with an old fashion baby girl pink with a canopy or purple butterflys not to sure yet
  • @baby_love I was totally going for the whole butterfly theme if we were having a girl but it turns out were having a lil boy. So I've decided to do the nursery in an astronomical theme, with the moon and sun and stars and planets. That is if we get the baby's room cleaned out and unpacked from the move before he gets here. But I can't wait to get started.
  • Pottery barb kids has great room sets. We have the dr suess theme for our boys. Its so easy to match and sooo cute! They have really awesome girl patterns as well.
  • My oldest was Winnie The Pooh, my second was Noahs Ark, my third was animal/jungle, my fourth was lady bugs&monkeys, this one is pirates.
  • We arent finding out the sex so its a bit difficult but we finally settled on moons and stars theme, I came up with most of the ideas and just see what he thinks, I think hes just happy that there is some blue involved...hes really hoping for a boy!