Induction Tomorrow Night

edited June 2011 in Giving birth
If you've been induced before or just know about these things, what's your advice for being prepared? Stuff to bring, what to expect, etc. Please don't say anything like, "Don't get induced," as it is medically necessary for me at this point. Thanks, ladies! May I add... holy crap I am so excited to meet my first baby!!!

Comments

• I don't have any advice but good luck! That is so exciting!!
  • Thanks, girl! We are thrilled!
  • Keep us posted!
  • I will, I will! Ah! It's like... the coolest feeling ever, ya know? I just pray it all goes quickly and smoothly and my baby boy is healthy. It's getting pretty real at this point \:D/
  • First of all congrats hun!! :D my best amount of advice I can give you is to relax your body as much as you can during your contractions. Yes, it will hurt but think of something else to relax yourself or the pain will be much worse. I was induced with my first 16 months ago, had no problems and I was induced june 2nd and had our second baby girl at 1:38am on june 3rd :) I did have long labors that only shortened by 4 minutes, but its TOTALLY worth it! I liked being induced because there was no rushing to the hospital, it was nice. I got there at 5am and pitocin was started by 7am and my water was broke for me around 8:30am both times :) I suggest bringing change for vending machines for your partner, magazines, chap stick, I think everyone should bring a tennis ball because it relives back pain a lot, possibly your own pillow to get comfy with, and everything for your baby! :) congrats hun! You will do great!!
  • Yay Congrats
  • I was induced on the first of june! I was so nervous and excited I don't remember much. I think taking a laptop is something that really helped me!! Hours of entertainment while I couldn't get out of bed for hours at a time. I also liked having my robe to cover up and keep warm while I was walking around. Number one thing is to sleep.and relax as much as possible!! I also recommend getting an epidural asap after they break ur water. The contractions get so.so so much worse after they break ur water. Omg I got the epidural 1 hr after they broke my water! I ended up having a c-section after 24 hrs of labor!! But its all worth it for my baby girl!! Good luck!! You'll do great!!
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses Thank you! Wonderful ideas :) I'm so glad to hear your experience was positive. Ps-June 3rd was his original birthday, but my doctor was out of town ;-) Were you able to sleep at all the night before you went in? I'm wondering if I'll be able to because we actually don't go in till 9pm on Monday...
  • Yay! I was induced with my first after my water broke and I am being induced with my 2nd on Wednesday!!!! You don't really have to bring anything different than you bring for a natural labor. Don't be afraid to tell them when you need pain medicine, the pain can hit you pretty suddenly. It is best if you relax, it will help your labor progress. Remember you can still use a birth ball, shower, etc when you are hooked up to the pitocin. Don't be afraid to ask your nurses for anything. Good luck and keep us updated!!!!
  • @kansasmomma Good to know! I do plan on an epidural, so I will be sure to let them know. My doctor said he will break my water at 7 am Tuesday morning after a night of light labor. Wonderful advice. Thank you so much! :-))
  • You ladies friggin' rock! Muah! I feel more at ease already.
  • I only slept a few hours the night before. Lol I was too excited. If you're going in at 9pm the nurses will probably tell you to get as much rest as possible that night, which is what I would do as well.
  • You should pack your hospital bag as normal and for sure take things to keep you occupied like your cellphone, laptop, books,etc. Being induced doesn't always mean it will be speedy. I was in labor for 24 hrs. after an induction. Good luck with your labor and delivery!
  • @dawtalove Eeeek! 24 hours? God bless you!