2 vessel umbilical cord

Any other moms to be have a baby with a 2 vessel umbilical cord instead of 3? I'm 36 weeks, 4 days and its been a pretty stressful pregnancy. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this?

Comments

• How does that affect the baby?
  • My cousin went through that with her second. Selina was born happy and healthy, though they induced her as soon as she was term just to be on the safe side.
  • @newmommy_navywife instead of two vessels and one artery, the baby has has only one vessel, one artery. Basically its harder for the baby to get blood flow and nutrition. They've closely monitored me this whole pregnancy.@viviya that's great news. Makes me feel a whole lot better about my situation.
  • Happy to offer something positive! :)
  • Oh my....well I'm so happy that you and your baby are healthy. I hope blessings continue to fall on you and your baby.
  • Thank you so much!! And congrats to you on your baby!! It's so exciting!
  • How do they detect that?
  • Thank you so much
  • They found it on my 20 week ultrasound when they do the extensive scan looking for downs and defects.
  • Did they tell u at the ultrasound or did your dr tell u then next time u saw the dr? I just had my 2nd ultrasound@ 18 weeks they didn't mention any problems.
  • I always see the doctor after my ultrasounds. He told me right after. Have you had your scans for down syndrome and defects? If your doctor hasn't said anything then you have no reason to worry. I heard its not really that common.
  • I had blood taken to do those tests. Haven't heard anything.
  • @wildflowermomma Isnt it supposed to be one vessel and two arteries? I'm pretty sure because i have sua (single umbilical artery) and its where i only have one artery instead of two and yeah it makes it harder for baby to get oxygen and nutrienst its made my dr label me as high risk pregnancy...check out this website it explains it. http://www.obfocus.com/images/3vesselsm.jpg
  • Then you should be fine.@babyboyontheway yeah you're right, I got it backwards. I'm high risk too. Have you had to do ultrasounds every month too? I've been on nst's every week since 32 weeks. How far along are you?
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah ive had to do an ultrasound every 4weeks since i was 13 weeks and now I'm 24 everything is okay though he is healthy and really active growing fine they just watch u closer. I wouldn't worry about it my ob said in the 20 yrs hes been doing this he has never had a baby with sua born with anything wrong and im one of 3 patients of his right now with sua and its going to be ok for u and me just watch ;)
  • That's good to hear. Just makes it stressful especially being on nst's now. My little girl is slightly under weight at almost 6 pounds but getting fatter every appointment which is good. Glad we both have such good doctors!! Have you picked out any names?