What do you mommas eat?

I am currently 12w3d and just started experiencing crucial heartburn! :( To make it worse I seem to crave everything that triggers it!

Help! I need some alternatives (that are tasty... :P ) and won't have me feeling miserable. Any suggestions mommas and mommas-to-be.

Comments

• Try staying away from tomato based anything...that always makes it worse for me. I LOVE cheese and it doesn't make mine flare up as bad. I also stay away from spicy food and last pregnancy I couldn't eat hardly any fruit because of the acid.
  • Crabs candy lava cakes. Trying to do my best to keep away. It sssssssoooooo tasty.
  • @blissmarie23 I sure did have pizza today! :( and I am paying for it now.
  • @kissflo I can't do crabs. lol tried it once... almost barfed. smh.
  • You can try taking Tums....if that doesn't work you can have prilosec OTC...my midwife prescribed it for me and its helped tremendously
  • I have to avoid red meat before I go to bed....it'll wake me up with heartburn in the middle of the night. I get awful acid reflux >:/
  • @blissmarie23 well i am glad Christy's Burger is closed. That's what I was craving sooo bad just now but when I called they said they has just closed. I have some Tums they help sometimes. Thanks for the tips.
  • Just have some Tums...POP them like candy ;) then I can eat what i want :) But, bland food will help and I think dairy products should counteract the acid...I think :/
  • Tums has been my best friend throughout this whole pregnancy!! Anything with vinegar will cause major heart burn, but either way later on in your pregnancy anything can trigger it, even a granola bar!! Lol
  • Stay away from orange juice!! Or any acidic juice. I don't usually get heartburn now in my third trimester I found oj triggers it. Drinking a glass of milk seems to help when I get it. I've been lucky to only get it ocassionally.
  • Glass of milk over ice is what everyone has Told me... knock on wood.... I've never had hb and eat tons of spicy stuff and drink tons of Orange juice