Need Help with swelling (sorry so long)

edited June 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
Ok so I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have been extremely swollen in my feet and hands since about mid March and my blood pressure has been borderline pre-eclampsia since the beginning of April. I have been working on eliminating salt intake and drinking tons more water, however, I was just reading my water bottle label and in the ingredients it states sodium bicarbonate. I researched a little online about this type of sodium and it states I shouldn't consume it during pregnancy?!?!?! Does anyone have any advice to give me? What type of water is best ( tap or bottled)? I can't barely walk on my feet somedays because it hurts so bad!!! Please Help me!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    see I have been drinking loads of water.... like at least a gallon a day in just water, no soda, no juice, and the swelling is just as bad laying down as it is sitting up. I have propped up my feet and it doesn't help, the tops of my feet are so swollen at times that they feel bruised or change color all together! Grrrr and all the doctors tell me is to put my feet up and reduce sodium intake and drink lots of water. I am compromising meals to get the water in because I'm too full with water.
  • I'm 26 weeks and mine started swelling at about 21 weeks....I drink a lot of bottled water every day and they still swell. I think most of my swelling is bc of water though.
  • @tootie08 I have been seen in two different Emergency Rooms and they are concerned with my "severe edema" and if I wasn't pregnant they would hospitalize me and put me on diuretics. lol I don't see why my ob is so stubborn....You think maybe something else might be wrong? I don't know just want to fix it