kinda sad over this. but... (vent/rant/long)

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
I'm kinda hurt over the direction my baby shower is going. I've never had any kind of party or get together my whole life. Never had a birthday party or any event where family and friends come, or where invitations of any kind are needed. So with that said, as you would think I'm super excited! .....

A family friend had wanted to do the planning but when we told her my best friend was helping and it was co-ed she backed out because it wasn't "her way." Plus she doesn't like my cousin I'm closest with and didn't want to invite her...how do you not invite family?! I've known this woman since I was born too, she used to be best friends with that same cousin... now she wont even answer me because I'm including my cousin in the shower!
Then today my bestie told me she was planning her moms 50th birthday party the same day as my baby shower, and that she got her job back 2 hours away from my city...basically that she wont have time for my shower. I've known this girl since I was in kindergarten, since 5 years old. She is really my only friend not acquaintance, and she knows it. She has known what day my shower is for two weeks...why plan her moms bday the same day??

So then I get with my cousins, aunt, and mom to plan basics so I can make my invites. I specifically want Lion King and jungle theme and want it all corresponding to the theme...and my aunt didn't even care and said she's getting blue party favors and blue "its a boy" cake. I want a lion cake! Not blue crap! When I told her again it was lion king themed she brushed it off like "well it IS still a boy" ...no! I want everything to match! X(

Then to top it all off, my same aunt is feuding with one of her daughters and granddaughters and was talking about "what ifs" and such about them coming to the shower....what if NOTHING! be a woman suck it up and move on! Don't start drama on my day are you serious.? Then as we were leaving breakfast she lights up a cigarette right in front of me and tells me I have to get married, that it looks bad if I'm not...
Ughhhh. I just wanted one day for me for once from my family. My whole life growing up they've been so self-centered and I've always been thrown on the back-burner....yet again.

Comments

• I know the feeling mine was becoming a mess too
  • I'm so anxious that someone will f**k up my shower. Nobody came to the gender reveal party and getting the cake was a disaster so it was just disappointing when nobody showed or even bothered to rsvp :(
  • I've just never even had a party ever! So I just wanted one that would be like how I wanted.... I wont get another chance for one until my wedding. :-S when I was little this whole family would leave for two weeks on vacation during my birthday....so everyone always got a bday party but me. I just feel like this is owed to me of them >=\ and all they care about is their stupid drama with each other and doing things their way
  • That sounds terrible..I would say continue to LAN and prep everything itself..ull be proud that u did it for ur baby...hate to say but even if u and baby a hubby are the only ones there (which im sure u wont be) u had the party the way u wanted to for uR baby and u...u want Sumthn done right u gotta do it urself...don't be sad about it do what u can to help pick urself up!! Best wishes!! And good luck on a fabulous baby shower for ur boy!!
  • Plan** and prep everything for urself*****
  • That totally sucks I'm sorry everyone's being like that. I would just stand your ground and make sure you get what you want. It's your party and you deserve it!!!