I know i sound like a whiner but...

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
No one has even responded to my baby shower invites, not even my family.... I don't mean to sound like a baby but I feel like such a loser... :-< Im even having lasagna!! Lasagna people!! I don't understand...

Comments

• Did you ask them to respond by a certain date? You could always assign one person to go through the list a make follow-up calls. Sadly, some folk are terrible at responding or don't see the need because they assume you know they'll come. I think it's so rude but that's how folk can be.
  • And you're not the loser...they are!
  • Knowone responded to mine either and only 3 people showed up other than my mom grandmas and the 3 hosts. I know how u feel.
  • im having an out of state shower this weekend and i had to have my mom and grandmother call as no one in my family had responded....its a shower just for the family....go figure...caterer, $140 custom cake, etc the whole nine....its couture themed as my aunt is funding and planning it all....i was so upset but now that the calls have been made its looking up
  • OMG, when I did my sisters shower 2 years ago.. I spent a lot of MY OWN money.. nobody reserved except a few family members.. but she was SURE all of her HS friends were coming, but they couldnt respond to the invite. I was pissed, i rented extra tables and chairs.. About 30 people showed up, still a good turn out, but I wish I could have gotten a refund for my time and money spent.
  • Awww.... @salsabia yeah it sucks because we are going all out for this, its my first baby! @blueberrysmom thanks darling, yeah!!! They are losers! Lol
  • I'd totally come if I were invited! I can't believe the lasagna hasn't drawn them in! My favorite! lol. Maybe they are just dragging their feet on responding.
  • Dont feel bad... most ppl dont RSVP... idk y but they dont.... im sure ull hav a good turn out! How many ppl did u invite?
  • I never rsvp just show up I'm sure they will turn out
  • @singlemomofsoontobe3 yeah one of my aunts is spending so much money on this, catering, cake, furniture and it totally sucks!! I hope everyone shows up to yours! @caroline8_p I can't believe that!! That's crazy I hope my family doesn't pull that on me!! Yeah my baby shower is in mcallen TX, four hours away from SanAntonio where I live...
  • edited June 2011
    @1stWoodsBaby your totally invited!! Lol. @FiRstTiMeOct_mOm I invited 60 people and only two have responded... :/
  • @preggointx I hope so, I guess with the hormones its making me so emotional!
  • when is ur shower
  • @preggointx June 25 and its in the evening, since I know people have errands to run I tried to make it more convenient. Everyone invited lives in McAllen, I'm the one who has to drive 4 hrs for this...
  • oh u dont live far from me..... i would DEFINITELY have someone call
  • That happened for my gender reveal party. I invited like 15 people and 2 besides the hosts and me and hubby showed up. I'll be pissed if nobody rsvps and then shows up because we're doing it at a restaurant. Maybe I'll put on the invites "If you don't rsvp, you won't eat and you'll have to stand". Sounds bitchy, but that's what will happen!
  • @August22baby that's so effed up!! Yeah I'm starting to see who my real friends are! @VictoriaB I wish I would have done that! Lol
  • you probably will have to call people.. i just went through this with my wedding.. i only invited family and a few friends but still hardly anyone responded and when i called they were like you think we would miss it?? am i was like well considering im paying per person i would have liked for you to send in the response card that i paid to have you mail back to me with the postage that i paid for for you to respond to me.. just call people.. family and close friends tend to assume you already know they are coming but then again RSVP is to let you know if they can make it or not its still a courtisy thing..
  • If you have a postage paid rsvp card and they can't send it back Id be super pissed! I had people do it to me!
  • @trying4first and @Mommyof4girls my family is totally like that, they will probably just show up without RSVPing and then expect to be fed since they are family, lol and yup paying to send out invitations! Ha ha oh families...
  • My family sent it back but we had wedding crashers show up. It was annoying!
  • Dang! !! Shower crashers would be crazy!! Lol @Mommyof4girls
  • My hubby is a part time bouncer and some guys he worked w but wasn't friends w Showed up... They gave cards w more money than his jerk brothers!!! Lol I told hubby we should have not included his brothers and invited his aquaintances instead!
  • I had my shower in march and I have to call or text everyone to see if they were going to come!
  • Ha ha that's awesome!! @Mommyof4girls if I have any shower crashers they better come ready with diapers!!! Lol
  • @Proudmommy8789 yeah I started doing that today, lol
  • Lol I would!!! Make a sign... free food for value size boxes of dispers plus raffle ticket! Lol
  • Aww haha no one rsvp'd to mine either...but a ton of people showed up.
  • @heatherlynn it sucks cause my aunt is having it catered, lol it would be crazy if we had only enough to feed a few and then all these people show up!! Ill have to go buy some pizza or something..lol