dog question

edited June 2011 in Special clubs
OK so I have a 4 year old male yorkie and about the last 6 hrs he's had bloody runny poop. It not just a little blood its about 1/3 blood to poop. I know I need to take him to the vet but they wont open for 3 hrs... what could it be? And what should I do?

Comments

• He may have just torn a burst a blood vessel or something inside where hes been straining too much .. im no vet tho so id still get it checked
  • Try call a 24 hr vet - anywhere, and ask them what you can do in the meantime. Otherwise id just say watch over him, don't leave him by himself.
  • It does sound like a blood vessel. I used to work at a vet clinic a while back and saw it often. It could also b a cyst that hadformed inside and ruptured. I'm sure hell b fine just keep monitoring it. :)
  • I never leave him he's my baby... I just hate seeing him sick and nothing I can do to help... I tried calling my hubby's dad who is a vet but I guess his sleep is more important than his pregnat daughter in laws phone calls. :(
  • Aww bless him i live at my g.mas atm she has a yorkie hes soo cute but he constantly bites himself n makes himself yelp its like come on mate if it hurts dont do it silly.. but i hope ur lil doggie is ok soon im sure he will be and if u call an out of hrs vet they charge STUPIDDDD amounts i mean our out of hrs vet charges £120 just too be put on the bed but thats england idunno where ur from
  • @mummytuube I don't know how much they charge here either I'm going to try to wait it out. He's kept me up all night so I figure by the time I eat breakfast and get ready, I can be at their doorstep when they open. Ill just pretend I'm first in line for a black Friday sale waiting for the doors to open.
  • Aww yeh i deff would too bless him he must be in pain
  • Oh no! Poor little guy...I'm praying that your pup feels better soon!
  • Also tell them ur pregnant and ask if they can do a agreement were u can pay the bill in installments so its not such a hit on ur purse hun
  • @mummytuube luckily I told my dad he said whatever it is he'd pay the bill.. now I got to think of a good father's day gift!! He's a life saver!
  • Aww yeh deffo unfortunately my dad has loadsss to pay out of his wages so he couldnt help when my dog needed a vet .. but ill give him hes due he never will see me short of clothes food or anything (other then fags as hes a non-smoker and im giving up slowly) lol
  • My dog had a few similar episodes and it turned out to to be his anal glands. They were infected and it was a simple fix. Hope ur situation is too.
  • It can also be a type of worms
  • Crossed fingers to NO worms...hoping its something less serious!!