okay to get a pedicure???

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So i havent stepped into the nail salon at all bc i heard like the fumes from the acrlyic is bad to inhale. And so i stopped geting my nails done, but is it ok to go get a pedicure im nervous just bein in there im still gonna inhale those fumes? Am i bein over paranoid? I am 39 wks 4 days.. i wanna have cute toes pushing her out lol :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would just for the foot rub, might start labor! If the smell is really awful, you can ask for a mask. When I'm in the back, usually the smell isn't so bad. I'm almost 38w. This weekend I'm headed to the salon :)
  • I'm 36wks4d and I just got one the other day.. it was fine. And it felt fantastic my feet were a little bit swollen so it was perfect timing for one.:)
  • I go early in the morning before the fumes build up! :)
  • Ok thanks!!
  • I went yesterday and it was heavenly! I go during the week when its slower so less fumes. Enjoy, we all could use a little pampering here and there.
  • It's ok if u work there then thRee different I go all the time just don't get a heavy foot massage cuz reflexes in ur feet control some of ur reproductive spots
  • I have gotten pedicures every 2-3wks since I was 15 or so, thru each of my pregnancies. No problems. I also had acrylics for years up until about a few years ago, then got them again last year for a bit, then discovered gel polish. Now once or twice a month I go get a gel mani & a spa pedi. In fact, I just went yesterday. Indulge; it feels fantastic!
  • I Loved pedis when I was pregnant! They made me feel good and they helped with the swelling! Go for it and enjoy! :)