Has any1 ever been told...

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Tht they were having a girl & it was a boy???
I had my u/s & found out its a girl! Im very happy about tht I went out & went krazy @ babies r us & ive been kallin her by name & I make every1 else do it too well my mom saw the u/s pics & she said tht I should've gotten a 2nd oppion bcus her "junk" lookes jus like my baby brothers did wen they told her he was a she & she thought tht until birth & it was a boy.......grrrrt ths frustrates me a lil bcus im set on ths idea of hvin a girl & if it turns out a boy thn wat???? How kommon is ths typo, & has it happened to any1 else????

Comments

• How far along were you?
  • They told my mom that my sister was a boy, and she came out a girl. But I don't think its very common for it to go the other way..
  • Im 19wks 2days had my u/s on Monday
  • You were far enough to accurately tell.did they explain the parts to you.or just said its a girl and moved on?
  • They said it was a girl at 18+4 and then a boy at 26+4. They thought my roommate was a girl until he was born.
    if you're worried about it keep receipts. I told everyone to buy gender neutral because that's what I wanted regardless, they didn't listen.
  • She said its a girl! & moved on
  • edited June 2011
    :(
  • Now im worried idk I guess I shud jus keep a set of gender nuetral stuff for tht jus incase sigh well until thn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmm what did the parts look like.at 19w,if it was a boy that you should be able to see a pens.
  • It looked like blury vajayjay but my mom said it kinda looks like scrotum idk
  • If it looks like 3 lines its a girl youd see a penis before a scrotum more often than not considering some don't drop til birth or after. So not to knock your mom but she's probably wrong.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My friend was 21 wks and was told she was having a girl, so everyone went all out n got her a ton of pink n purple, when she gave birth to a boy everyone was shocked. He was really chunky tho, big baby almost 10lbs. I know my hospital wont print out gender pics anymore cuz mistakes can be made and they dont want sued.
  • edited June 2011
    Granted this was 34 years ago but I was supposed to be a boy. My mom got three sonograms all saying boy and look at me now! I think it is less common to be wrong now but it does happen. I would try to get a second opinion.
  • edited June 2011