GENDER!!! They think.....

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So tech measured baby & everythings great. Baby's 1lb3oz. And tech said she's leaning towards.......GIRL!!!!
But then again she wasn't sure because baby had her legs tucked by her.
So what's the chances of tech being right or wrong?? I need to know to start sending shower invites. Or should I just send them out with a note?

Comments

• That's Wat they told me an went bak a week later an it was a gurl. Gurls love keeping then legs crossed! I had to drink tea to get mine moving
  • Yay! I hope shes a girl she probably is they really don't like to say anything unless there at least 90%positive
  • I would pay for a second us bfor I send out invites
  • My boy always has his legs crossed, well at his ankles
  • I would get another u/s before buying stuff....but congrats!!!!
  • How far along r u
  • How far along are u?
  • @Mez_Jackson2anpreggo well this is my second ultrasound. Tech said I gotta wait til 29 weeks for her to do it again.
    @mommyof22b I hope so. Waited along time for this.
  • @ExcitedForOctober well this is my second level2 but I go in 2 weeks for a reg appt. I'm high risk so dr does ultrasound to check on development. Maybe ill get a confirm then.

@NewMommy_NavyWife thanks. We shall see. Gotta do registry first.
  • My friend was told a girl..but the tech said only 80% sure..she just found out at 28 weeks its a boy..so id go to a 3d place for confirmation..plus they are fun.
  • @gabbyc @preggointx I'm 22w4d.
    @kristaf22 maybe but hub works stupid hours so who knows if ill ever get there. But I only wait 2 weeks & maybe dr can confirm. Ima do a registry in the meantime & if gender changes to boy then maybe I can just go online & switch colors from pink to blue.
  • You'll have plenty of time before you send out shower invites. You only have to give 3-4 wks notice.
  • MMaybe ill have to. @caitiecakes when did she gey her gender ultrasound the first time.
  • @Mommyof4girls yea I'm thinking of doing the shower at 32 wks on Aug 13. So maybe I do got time. But I'm doing it myself so I just want to be on top of things.
  • I hear you! I wish I had done mine on my own. I would have done it a week later and had the invites out sooner. People only had a wk and a half notice! I was pissed! So many people didn't come!
  • Well @Mommyof4girls I don't blame you. I trust no one to do it my way.so if anyone wants to help fine. If not I'm still ok cuz I'm not relying on them anyway. Though I might ask someone to be in charge of games....though ill buy all gifts if I need to.
  • They did a great job and all it's just everyone made plans! Grrr!
  • CONGRATS!!!! well..... kinda... lol!
  • yea they should be pretty accurate but I would get another before I sent out baby shower invites or bought pink congrats
  • I had one at 17 where the dr said she thought it was a girl and confirmed girl yesterday at 20 weeks. She almost didn't show us yesterday either, stubborn kid, lol!

For your registry, you can register for girl stuff and send out invites and change it later...90% of your family won't shop until the last minute anyway. But I woul buy anything until you get it comfirmed.
  • Thanks I guess....lol @babynumbersix
    Thanks @addi3886
  • @Mommyof4girls that's what I'm scared of is nobody coming. I threw parties b4 & they turned out ok but this is a shower. Its different.
  • @preggointx yea well I go in 2 wks for an appt & dr always does an ultrasound so maybe he can be sure then.
  • Careful.. When i was gettin mine the tech said girl the whole time bc he has his legs crossed then at the end i turned on my side it was evident he was definitely NOT a girl..
  • @laura536 I hope my tech was right. Though I should be used to baby doing things like this....been causing me troubles almost from day one! I know the registry is only an idea of what id like. People don't have to buy exactly on it. I just wanna get this shower thing rolling.
  • @paxtonsmama I should've rolled! Lol. She said baby was quite active (thanks to McDs strawberry lemonade) so I don't know why she couldn't see. The kid had to show something because I felt the kicks on my bladder the whole time.
  • You can't see the screen? Did they give you a pic? Show us! Im a pretty good judge of girls lol. Plus, I have ultrasounds every week.
  • edited June 2011
    I saw the screen but after tech measured & checked everything. Then hub came in & we saw the head & back & belly & other things then she tryed for gender again I guess but legs were crossed. She said she might've saw something earlier. But with all the 20+ pix she took. We got 2 & both were profile pix.
    @Mommyof4girls
  • Me too @praying4our3rd because I'm getting tired of not knowing.