Need help from moms..

edited February 2011 in Parenting
My God daughter (that now lives with me) has been throwing up since about 6. Any ideas on how to stop her from throwing up?

Comments

• Fever? And NO pepto. Get some pedialite, try small stuff, soup and crackers. If she has a fever tylenol.
  • Keep her hydrated (water, 7UP, Pedialyte) & feed her BRAT foods when she can tolerate them... Toast, Rice, Applesauce, Bananas... easy to digest & gentle on a bad stomach.
  • Lol... out of order, but you get the acronym! ;)
  • The most important thing is that she doesn't get dehydrated. If she keeps vomiting try to get her to take small sips of clear liquids. With fever she can take tylenol and motrin together. A fever and vomiting will dehydrate her and being dehydrated causes more vomiting! Its a vicious circle...so long story short-keep her hydrated! :) good luck
  • She's drinking water. But she doesn't have a fever.
  • Last yr my son threw up over and over...I ended up taking him to the hosp and he had salmonella! it was very scary! If her motions slow and she seems tired for long periods of time. She needs the er. He had no fever and could keep nothing in him.
  • Well at least now she can keep down crackers.
  • No fever is a sign its probably not a bug, missmykenzie might be right, could be food poisoning.
    Did you give her tylenol before taking her temp?
  • Ematrol not sure on the spelling but its an otc liquid works great on my kids.
  • Gatorade is also good!