Is cold lunch meat bad????? Wen prego??

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
If i eat cold lunch meat like lunchable or subway am i gonna damage my kid???

Comments

• I've been told it can because it can have bacteria ok it that can give you listeria poisoning n kill the baby sounds harsh but usually reality is unfortunately chinese is also very high risk along with soft cheese, seafood and many other foods you like unless you cook it yourself and easy it within a certain time, just masked sued you wash your hands 2 isn't pregnancy fun :) hope I helped but didn't scare you
  • Im addicted to subway subs but yes deli meat carries a lot of bacteria. It only needs to be heated in a microwave till steaming (or about 20 seconds). The people at subway or most deli sandwich places will heat up the meat for you. :)
  • I ate lunch meat when I was 8 months pregnant didn't think anything of it. 1 week later I had my son I had food poisoning my highest temp was 103 and was hospitalized becareful when eating any meat make sure its cooked properly
  • Yeah when not cooked it can carry bacteria, also most deli meats have sodium nitrate which is a carcenagenic (cancer-causing).
  • I had food poisoning and a kidney infection let's hope this second pregnancy goes more smoothly then my first
  • lunch meat is bad for everyone, because of all the' non meat' stuff they put in there. If you want lunchmeat go to your local butcher shoppe