palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
I have just started using palmer's cocoa butter formula massage cream for stretch marks. Has anyone else used it to help their stretch marks? How would you rate it?

Comments

• It has worked well for me so far! Although docs say stretch marks are pretty much hereditary. I would say try try try avoiding scratching and lather up 2-3 a day! I'm 6.5mos & I only have very little stretch marks above my thigh (idk why). My friend was 4mos & already had stretch marks on her belly! Just watch what you eat (weight gain), take walks, no scratching & lather up! :-)
  • Works for me i have 0 stretch marks && im 6 1/2 months
  • My mom just gave me some today.
  • I been using mines since i was 6 weeks
  • It didnt work for me!! :( I had the lotion and the oil spray<-----which that one really helped with the itching i got But not the lotion.......The on ethat did work for me 2nd time around was this one from Avon<-----during the pregnacy and after i used this one called "prefer on" looks like a big chap stick they sell it at Walgreens and it actually has made some marks go away and this is that my son is 3 now!
  • I used it 2x a day throughout my first pregnancy & didn't get a single stretch mark where I applied it. The only one's I got were on the under-side of my breasts- where I didn't put it.
    I'm almost 33wks with my second & have slathered it on once a day simply because I'm too busy to get it done more than that, and still NO stretch marks! :)
    I do agree that it's mostly hereditary, but also depends on amount & speed of weight gain. Keep it slow & steady & don't pack it on, keep your skin moist, and you'll be just fine! ;)
  • I rate it 10/10 - worked great on me
  • edited June 2011
    Dosent work for me I've been getting them since 4 months it sucks but oh well I dnt know what to use. Also I dnt gain weight fast I lost weight at first
  • edited June 2011
    So it didnt work for me..I have them!! ...but i thought it was working because i didnt have any stretch marks till 30 something wks w/ my son...BUT then they came out if nowhere!!!! Sooo n ur last months or wks i would use extra...!! And vitamin E
  • I been using it since I was bout 8 weeks I'm now 25 weeks n I dnt have a single stretch mark.. I really hope I dnt get any but if it happens its fine my baby girl worth it..
  • I didn't use it till last week cuz I noticed stretch marks on my boobs and hips. Im at 30 weeks. I've been using it every day since I noticed them. My bf bought it for me when I was 6 weeks but I didn't use it cuz I was using another type of lotion with Shea butter that smelled better... but now im hoping to keep more from popping up lol
  • I use Palmer's, vitamin e oil, and bio-oil, since the day I found out I was prego. I'm 25 weeks and none yet. I got mad ones from puberty when I was 12 so genetics say I'm prone to them. I've already gained 30 lbs!

bio-oil - $17.99 Walmart
    Vitamin e oil - $4.99 Walgreens (10,000 I.u.) / $7.99 rite aid (56,000 I.u.) / $9.99-$15.99 target (56,000 I.u.)

My next investment is Mederma stretch mark therapy, $39.99 at Walmart and target. I just read that the ingredients are safe for pregnancy and to use it for 12 weeks minimum, I have 16 weeks left give or take so yep! I don't want any stretch marks >_<
  • I love it! And my two year old says I smell like chocolate when I put it on!!