Tattoos!

edited June 2011 in October 2011
Is it safe to get a tattoo while im preggers?

Comments

• No but I wish it was. I want another one so bad.
  • You should probably hold off because of the risk of infection is so much higher. Also, I have read that the safety of skin dyes to an unborn child is unknown..so better safe than sorry!

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/tatoos.htm
  • Nope its not safe and any good tattoo artist wouldn't do it. I had in appointment when I found I was preg and now I have to wait till he gets here
  • Nope. I've heard its ok to get piercing, but I still wouldn't do it. Your immune system is weaker and with tattoos, the thing that really harms you and baby is the trauma of getting the tattoo. It can actually make you miscarry I guess. I was going to get my wedding ring tattooed on, but I found out that I'm pregnant only 2 months after the wedding.
  • Hey all i am a tattooist in training an execting baby number four. Its killing me not being able to have any work done. Its is recommended that you wait until three months after giving birth before having a tattoo. So im now spending the next few months designing my next one :-D
  • @mummylala do you have any cool ideas on a tattoo for our kids? I know that when im able to get a tattoo I really want something for my baby. He will be my one and only child. And I don't like the typical hand or foot prints either
  • @carsons_mommy I have 3 tattoos for my first born....on my ankle I have his name with trible design on both sides, on the front part of my shoulder I have a sun and moon (b/c I tell him I love him to the moon n back n he tells me he loves me to the sun and back (: ) and I have his horoscope sign on the inside of my wrist...ill definetly get some for this one but I have to figure out what I want... It will come to you what you want, just give it time :)
  • Have to agree with summergirl. When you decide to get a tattoo after baby is here you will have an idea of what design you want... I have my girls initials on the inside of my wrist, i have each of their star signs aswell. Im working on drawing out a big piece that will incorporate all my kids, wont be finishing it tho until bubba no4 gets here.
    A friend of mine had music script tattooed on her. Its of a song she sings to her little girl to calm her. She has Hannahs song tattooed above it....
  • I want my babies hand prints an footprints on my shoulder blade with babies name an bday