I crave alot of salty things

I know that is not good for me. I don't normally care for pickles but they sound so good to me.

Comments

• Boy :) or so they say. Do you know what your having? They say woman(or anyone actually) who have cravings are lacking minerals or nutritients so ur body begs for food(or weird items) to fill the need.
  • edited June 2011
    The cravings where your body lack minerals it needs is called "pica" which is a craving for non food items like dirt, clay, or chalk. Be careful not to give in to the salt as much, it further brings on the swelling and also could cause high blood pressure which can lead to preeclampsia. Also too much salt causes dehydration.

btw, I had the pickle thing for a while and my feet are like balloons. I stopped though.
  • I am only about 6 weeks. On my last 2 I didn't really crave anything but soda.Can't wait to find out what we are having.
  • Yuck couldn't crave things like that. I'm going to try not to hog up so much salt. My left ankle swells up so much.
  • Soda, surprisingly doesn't appeal to me when it has caffeine in it. I guess that's good since that's got way too much in it anyway. I can still have one occasional cup of coffee for the withdrawal headaches as per my Dr.
  • I crave salty stuff (White Cheddar Popcorn anyone?!?) and I am having a boy...guess the old wives tale is right! The other Lady was right, watch out tho..the swelling from the salt is killer!
  • I don't believe in the old wives tale about salt cravings meaning boys. I craved salt peanuts, pretzels, nachos, and pickles at the start but I'm having two girls.
  • @Deni_b congrats on the twins. I don't know hat I would do if I was having twins. Are you excited about it?
  • I crave nothing but salty stuff! Never sweet, and I'm having a girl, for sure..we checked twice!
  • I have had so many candy cravings and I'm havig a girl!!
  • Pickel,olives,and pretzels have become my best friends.lol.i just went to bjs and bought the biggest size I could find in all 3.
  • I won't know til August if I'm having a boy or girl, and I've been craving salt and garlic like they are the only things available on Earth to eat.
  • @hodgeslangdon When I'm not sick, or hurting I'm very excited about it. I do get a lot of back pain and pelvic pain and sometimes my right leg doesn't want to work. I like to play with them in my belly when their moving like putting on music and watching their reaction or sometimes they respond to things I say and it's so exciting! :-D
  • @Deni_b how neat can't wait untill my baby starts moving its been almost eight years since I've been prego. My youngest son is almost eight.