Co-parenting???

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Why is it so freakin hard? It doesn't need to be. I wish people could just grow up and move on.

Most if you know I'm a step-mom. I love Mia and Isaiah like no other. Nobody can tell me that "it's different" or that "I'll see after Abigail is born". I've raised these kids just as much as any other parent.

I Potty trained, I'm Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc.... I do it all. They trust me and love me, and I've worked really hard to make sure that in spite of all the hostility that they continue to flourish and for the most part be unaffected.

I'm getting to my breaking point. Their mother is evil. She makes up blatant lies and no matter what we do she finds something to complain about. All her energy is placed into criticizing, and making our lives as miserable as possible. I just don't understand it. I know Ernie made his mistakes years ago and hurt her but why try and keep your children from bonding and enjoying their time with their father? It's ignorant and immature.

This added stress has been torture on me the last week. I just feel like I can't take it anymore. I'm filled with hate now. I'm losing sleep and my migraines are out of control. I feel like I just want to pick up and run away. Ugh! This is why I've been MIA on here lately :'(

I just can't concentrate on anything else. I'm so scared of how much worse things will become once Abby's born. I had such high hopes for things to become normal and Mia and Isaiah would be able to enjoy being a big brother and sister but unfortunately it seems like things will just get worse. We're being forced to distance ourselves in an attempt to limit her ability to interfere with our lives and time with the kids :(

It's just sad.....

Comments

• You're doing all you can boo... just keep it up when the twins grow up they will know that both u and ernie tried everything and that you both live them dearly... as for abby she will be blessed with a mommy as great as u and know her siblings
  • I'm so sorry, buddy! Have the three of you sat down and tried to work out a plan for how you can all get along? Maybe have monthly meetings so she can share her concerns/crazy issues and you guys can try to get on the same page? Granted, this is a pretty pie-in-the-sky suggestion because she doesn't sound like a reasonable person, but just thought I'd ask. Other option is to take her out with a carefully delivered throat punch and then hide the body... :-?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueberrysmom we've tried everything. Mia and Isaiah see a therapist a few times a year. She suggested we all sit down and have joint sessions and attend coparenting workshops. This bitch agreed to go in front of the therapist and later emailed saying she didn't want any part of it! Now a year later she says she won't sit down without a therapist or counselor present??? I mean Wtf??? Really you bipolar sociopath!!!! Stop playing games! She's a manipulative, evil, bitter.....*insert not so nice word here*!
  • edited June 2011
    Ugh that bitch!

Like seriously im sick of these girls having kids and making them suffer bc they have a grudge against the father. MOVE THE FUCK ON, HE DOESN'T WANT YOU!

Its pitiful and desperate that ernie has moved on and she is still playing high school girls games of "im gonna make him jealous/mad".

UGH!
  • Gosh, she's never going to get better. I'm really sorry you have to deal with that.
  • I wasn't lucky enough to have an awesome step mom like you. Mine was selfish and treated her 'real' son way better then she treated me. Those kiddos are lucky to have you in there life and it sounds like you really do put there needs first, and that's what matters most! I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions about co-parenting..but I think its honorable that you continue to love and support them, in spite of all the havac its reeking on you and abby.keep smilin lady, your doing all the right things :)
  • @newmommy_navywife girl I know! I just don't get these people! I mean what do you get out of it? She should really just move on before she ends up like her mama....ALONE!!!! Ugh!

@blueberrysmom it makes me sad....I mean things could be really easy if she would just stop focusing on making Ernie's life difficult and just learn to compromise for the benefit of all parties. Ugh!!! Makes my stomach hurt!

@momtob thanks lady :) the kids know that I care. At least I have that. I just hate how she uses them and tries to turn them against their dad. It sickens me. I want to kick her in the FACE! X(
  • Lol its clearly too late.
  • i'm with you boo! Get along for the sake of the twins! I soo was wronged by my ex hubby and his gf, but why spend years tormenting them and dangling the kids over him. Who does it benefit?! Nobody!!, she needs to release her bitterness, and honestly her life would do a full 180°. Sadly she doesn't seem like she's ever going to let go and be civil :(
  • Lets kill the b¡Tch!!!!!! :)
  • Im sorry chica. I completely understand where your coming from, although me & jon havent been together as long as you & your husband. My fiance has a 3 yr old from a previous relationship & after a year im still working to gain joseiah's (jons son) trust. It's really tiring. I feel like i've done everything right but I can only imagine the things she tells him. She has so much hate for me & its only gotten worse since I got pregnant. I love joseiah as if he were my own, but I constantly feel like im loosing & I owe it all to her.
  • Lol @booface I hear ya! Maybe a kick to the face (or a throut punch lol) is just what she needs to open her damn eyes! I'm not a parent yet but how a women can focus on her ex more then the needs and emotional well being of her kids is beyond me :( she's just a sad human, that's all I can think
  • So sorry you have to deal with this, unfortunatly I know 1st hand what its like. Fiancee has an 8 year old I have helped raise since she was 3. Her mom is horrible to erik, cusses and screams at him everytime they talk and will withold his daughter from talking too us. An example of what we deal with. She just got here for summer break. She came infested with lice and only 3 pairs of clothes all tore up and reaking of cat pee! Sorry for the rant but I do hope for your families sake things improve