Can stress bring on labor

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Just curious

Comments

• Yes it can a friend of mine kept having contractions since she was about 26 weeks due to stress and delivered her baby at 33 weeks.
  • @texasbeauty2787 crap. I've been having them for a while, and like back pain. I'm 27 weeks. I have 2 little kids and a husband that works non stop and my stress levels are thru the roof!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great. I was wondering that too. My eye has been twitching I've been so stressed! Good luck @snreda !
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle I went into early labor with my second around 33 weeks, and they stopped it. I just have been going crazy lately and I fear its going to happen.
  • Not yet, I'm 27 weeks. I have strong braxton hicks and when I'm stressed its worse, and get back pain. I have a 4 yr old who doesn't sit, who screams, won't listen, kicks, etc and an 11 month old who is walking and climbing stairs, and into everything. Also heavily teething and still gets up evey 3 hours throughout the night. Plus my 4 year old has night terrors. @mommy2isaiahngiselle, not to mention my husbands a firefighter and is gone 24-48 hours at a time, so I'm basically doing everything alone
  • Well I hope everything works out for you her baby was born early but he was healthy and already weighed 6lbs. And if you went into early labor with one it can happen again. Just try to take things slow and stay calm I know its hard but the baby is all worth it in the end. Goodluck
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle nope, my daughter used to go to her grandparents every weekend. But it seems like they can't handle both my kids, so they are rarely asked to spend the night. Everyone is an hour away from us or works. I'm on anxiety/depression medication too and its still bad. I just dont want anything to happen, I'm usually very calm but everythings getting to me, and getting worse. theres other things too adding to the stress but not nearly as bad as my house. My husband tries to help but hes still, immature...and doesn't understand. For example he worked 24 hrs yesterday and had to go in for another 12 tonight. I him to watch the kids so I can get a nap. Well all I heard was screaming and he came in several times asking me to ' watch them real quick'. Like wtf needless to say I didn't get a nap. I can't leave him alone with them for 5 minutes without hearing someone scream. its horrible