Please use descriptive discussion titles

edited February 2011 in About App & Forum
When creating a new discussion, please use a title that describes your topic.

Good - Should I paint the room blue or pink?
Bad - HELP!!

This way the forum will be more helpful and easier to browse.

Thanks!

Comments

• Good point. I love this app by the way. Thanks.
  • What happened to being able to pick what type of discussions we want to post in? Now all I can choose from is "all discussions" :(
  • @ashes - sorry for that, I'm a bit behind with my work for the forum, for the time being you access the categories through these links:

http://www.pregnancythisweek.com/forum/categories
    http://www.pregnancythisweek.com/forum/categories/all

Both pages are still very much 'work in progress' and I'm thinking about making an improved and complete version of one of those pages the 'forum home page'.
  • @Martin I need you to help me out, evertime I try to log in on my phone it will say bonk, something unexplained happened try again later. This has happen ever since I down loaded the upgrade.
  • @martin is there anyway that u could make some sort of outline to the tips and facts, so instead of going through them one by one, we could choose which topic to view. I think a lot more questions could b answered this way.
  • Seems like people aren't listening to this LOL there is like 5-6 posts that just say help
  • Lol, I'm so glad somebody said it, I was thinking ummm am I the only person who sees this, he clearly stated "good" and "bad" I'm just not opening any post that isn't following the rules anymore, maybe ppl will get the hint...
  • One can only hope
  • Seriously @Martin your so awesome, your response time is super fast! This really is an amazing app, I work for Best Buy and whenever I get a preggo customer I install this app on their phones! Awesome!
  • I am personally getting kinda tired of all the redundant postings...
  • I think a lot of Pregly members are not reading your guidelines, @Martin

It is annoying for those of us that do pay attention and actually read your posts.
  • @babybumpers - the facts should be easier to navigate through - completely agree and added it to my to do list - thanks!
  • I'm very confused as to why people are STILL not using descriptive topics... Or why people don't label things correctly. I've tried using the categories page but everyone with relationship problems uses second trimester, third trimester, pregnant etc. To be painfully honest I'm not interested in that and it makes it hard to navigate through this site so I agree with others that you should have to agree to use the site correctly :)
  • Also I've noticed that we are still having several repeat posts, apparently the search engine isn't being used or nobody cares, this forum is being overwhelmed with repeat questions, personally its hard to give or get advice when its the same thing everyday. @Martin anyway you can delete posts that are untouched for several days to "clean up" the forum a bit?
  • @AKmommy @kkmommy Currently I am working on a FAQ page which will contain articles about many commonly asked questions. Combined with search and the categories this will reduce the repeat questions a bit. however I think sometimes you need to go through the process of a discussion yourself to get the point :-)
  • @Martin I can totally understand that :) thanks for the response, was venting a little so I hope I wasn't rude. You are the best admin I have ever seen on an app, I work for a cell phone company and most of my coworkers are pregnant and have this app because of the wonderful way you take care of this site, thanks again
  • Thank you @Martin and I agree, its just so overwhelming for me personally...and like @AKmommy said, you are great at managing the app and improving it constantly, thanks again
  • Or do it so u have to use 10 letters etc as a minimum so it can't be just a four letter word like 'help' or enter 10 characters or more like you do when you have to make a password like on some sites.
  • hi, I'm looking for a post tht was just a few days old titled f****** up my life...I assume it was removed bc of the foul language...but I had replied with some advice for her n wanted to check back and see if it helped...can u tell me if the post is
  • didn't finish tht...wondering if that discussion is still out there somewhere? thanks
  • @momx3n2011 - hi, cannot find that post, so your are probably right and it was removed due to violating the forum guidelines. do you remember the user name?
  • Hey momx3n2011 I believe I saw the posting you are looking for under the due date club.. hope I helped.
  • no, don't remember name...but ill check due date club...thx!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @KerrideeRN - I've looked into it, but cannot find anything wrong. Your comments seem to appear in the discussions. If you'd tap on a comment in your comments list it should take you into the discussion. But please tell me if it it isn't working and maybe specify a comment so I can investigate further. Btw: I resized your profile photo a bit as it did not come up right somehow.