UGGH HEARTBURNS!!!!

edited February 2011 in May 2011
UGGH I WAS WOKE UP OUT MY SLEEP DUE TO HEARTBURNS!!! WHAT CAN I TAKE?N DO ANYONE ELSE DATS ALSO 29WKS HAS THEM?

Comments

• I'm only in my first tri I've been taking tums
  • O ok.my doc wnt give me anythin he jus said stop eatin the stuff that give u heartburns how mean lol
  • I jus started gettin them
  • I can't touch tomato sauce anymore. So sad, I love marinara sauce pasta. Lasagna was so yummy for my first 6 weeks. Now I can't even eat tortellinis with a hint of tomato sauce. Gives me heart burn just thinking about it.

Try keeping a food journal and record which days and time of day it's worse. Just throw a mini notebook in your purse.
  • Yea i think it was the pizza i had last nite then i laid straight dwn
  • Ya. That's a pregnancy no-no. Gotta sit up for a while and digest some. Oh the fun little things no one bothers to warn you about.
  • I know the feelin... I have heartburn all the time and nothing helps me
  • Totally had lasagna today for lunch. I knew I would regret it. But it was so good.
  • I was taking Tums but that wasn't giving me much relief. My doctor gave me PriLosec and I've been heartburn free ever since. She said at 29 weeks Tums really wouldn't do anything any more. Talk with your doctor and see if they will give you anything.
  • I get heartburn so bad it makes me sick. My midwife says I can take Zantac, I will eat a few soft peppermints (made with peppermint oil) to help until he Zantac kicks in or peppermint rums depending on how severe it is.
  • My doc gave me a list of all meds that I can take while prego. Prilosec and zantac were both in it
  • I have been getting heartburn sine two monthes I use tums n they work milk does also
  • Im 19w have it all the time. My doc gave me a list of safe medications while pregnant tums zantac and pepcid I know are on there ive tried them all! Lol I dont have the list with me so I dont know what else, pepcid ac has been working the best for me! Goodluck also try ice chips or milk sometimes helps
  • Man that happened to me last night...but i didnt take tums i just went threw it but im 29 wks too...i dont really like taking tums...
  • edited February 2011
    That happens to me all the time and it seems to have gotten only worse as each week goes by! I'm 34 weeks and 6 days and my nurse said the heartburn only gets worse cuz digestion slows down as the baby pushes on ur internal organs! I'm almost there can't wait to have him already:-)
  • U can take maalox for heartburn or drink a cold ginger ale. I feel your pain shoot I have heart burn now as we speak
  • just about everything gives me heartburn, even ginger ale and peppermints. I'm 26 weeks and 5 days. So, I eat what I want and chew on Tums when it hits...
  • Milk works pretty well for quick relief...but I think its just something we are gonna have to deal with
  • I have found eating pickled ginger helps me, like the kind served with sushi.... Weird I know.
  • I feel for you, I have heartburn all the time! !!
  • Prilosec 20mg 2x/daily and tums as needed. I've been given the OK by my OBGYN, Allergist & primary care physician. Best of luck :)
  • I feel ur pain, I finally asked my doc Wat else I cud take bc tums n mylanta weren't doin to job n ha said pepcid, prevacid and zantac are all safe to take! I take my prevacid religiously and it has help tremendously! Good luck!
  • My doc gave me Gaviscon during my 1st0 it is the absolute only thing that worked for me. Including perscription, all herbal and over-the-counter meds!! LOL! Its kinda wierd b/c it foams a bit when you chew them but then that 'foam' pushes the 'burn' down and calms it.
  • I take otc acid relief and it works for me it takes a little bit to kick in though
  • I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 6th baby. The heartburn just got so bad I actually throw up stomach acids. I have found that Tums Dual Action work great and I only have to eat 1. My midwife also said that Pepcid Complete works well!
  • Eat or chew something minty! I personally prefer york patties or junion mint candies, my older sister told me about that a year ago. I've done it ever since! And its yummy, can't really overdose, @LOVIN_MY_UNBORN
  • Go to EarthMamaAngelBaby.com they sell an organic, pregnancy safe tea that works amazingly well for heartburn. That used to happen to me to so I bought the tea. They also sell a good tea called peaceful mama that works great for nights when you can't sleep cuz your anxious, are nesting (that's usually the case with me), or are so overtired that you just can't stay asleep....