HIGH RISK PREGNANCY!!!!!! =(

ok so I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I have a high risk pregnancy. At 17 weeks my cervical length was 3.5 cm then at 20 weeks it was 2.3 cm now at 23 weeks its 1.7 cm and funneling. I was put on VERY STRICT bed rest and I have to be monitored every 2 weeks. When I'm 26 weeks I will be put into the hospital until 34 weeks. Has anyone heard of this before?

Comments

• A friend of mine was put on strict bedrest at i believe 25 weeks until she delivered. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
  • I'm surprised your doc didnt do a cerclage at 20 wks when your cervix measured 2.3. Anything under 2.5 (less than the 10th percentile) is getting dangerous. I had my cerclage placed at 17 wks and my cervix was measuring 2.2cm. After the procedure its measuring 3.0 cm and holding, now at 22wks. I'm also surprised that you aren't going every week at this point. I had no funneling or softening, my cervix was just short from 2 leeps and a cone biopsy. I really hope everything goes well for you. Make sure to do exactly what the docs say!
  • I'm on bed rest for a short cervix as well. I have to go to the doc every week for an u/s and to get an Hydroxyprogesterone (sp) shot. I'm just staying positive that I'm gonna carry these twins to full term or damn near close to..... PRAYER!
  • thanx ladies and i will discuss the cerclage and the hydroxyprogesterone (sp) shots with my doctor.