BIG (baby) BOY??????

edited June 2011 in October 2011
I went to my ultrasound at 23 weeks and the tech said baby was BIG for his stage. She said he had a REALLY long spine and he was about a pound and 5 oz. Am I having a big baby? She also said his length was of a baby a few days older. I don't have a big belly at all. When I tell people I pregnant they think I'm lying and this is my first baby.... Now I'm thinking should I buy ANY newborn clothes???

Comments

• No don't buy any. Most people buy the small sizes for baby shower and gifts. And my hospital supply basic onesie. They grow out of them so quickly, even if you didn't have a big baby.
  • When I buy for the baby I usually get 0-3 months or higher clothes because they don't ever stay in newborn for very long. Good luck.
  • My son weighed 8lbs 15oz when he was born. He will be a month old on Thursday but grew out of newborn clothes at 2 weeks old.
  • oh wow!!! thanx... That helps me out alot!!!! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • okay. guess ill go with. 0-3 or bigger
    don't want to get him clothes he can't wear.
  • I had the opposite problem. My daughter popped out 5 lbs 11 oz. Hubby had to go on shopping run for premie clothes. This time I will be prepared with. I think she's gonna be small as well.
  • I just had my 20 week ultrasound. I was told my baby is ahead as well....she should weigh ounces....she already weighs a pound.
  • My oldest was 8lbs 2oz. She couldn't fit any of the baby clothes. Buy 3-6 months.
  • @Carley same thing happened with me..although mine was actually 6weeks early.. she was 2months old before she fit into new born..then started growing like a weed
  • Yes 3-6 months ..my 1st son as 8lbs 6oz...21inches
  • When I had My daughter I used newborn clothes only for 2 weeks after that 0-3 months , most of the time she wear sleep n play n the house
  • Buy one just in case he is swimming in 0-3 to bring home.... i bought the sameoutfit in NB & 0-3.... for both my boys they were large boys but looked tiny in the 0-3 size so i put em in the NB and they looked adorable.
  • Maybe...were u or babies dad big babies? I would buy a couple newborn clothing and mostly 0-3
  • THANX LADIES!!!!
    @CEE808
    I WAS 5 POUNDS AND THE FATHER WAS 6 POUNDS. IDK HOW HE COULD BE THIS BIG. BUT I HAVE A HIGH RISK PREGNANCY AND MY DOCTOR THINKS I'LL MAKE IT ONLY TO 30 WEEKS SO I GUESS ITS A GOOD THING HE'S BIG????
  • lol oh yeah u guys were small. i just hear that babys born usually around the same as the parents. yeah thats good if u aren't gonna make it term.. the bigger the better :)