Gallstones???

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Im 28 weeks pregnant and 2 weeks ago I was in the ER for a whole night with pains they thought it was contractions but then figured out it was gallstones. They gave me pain killers but they only ease the pain when Im having a gallbladder attack. Has anyone gone thru this??? If so please help...

Comments

• I did with my first pregnancy. The only thing that helped ease the pain for me was to vomit. I ended up having my gallbladder removed after having the baby.
  • i have gallstones..i had them before my pregnancy..and still have them..i havent had an attack since last year. what i can say is, stay away greasy food..(for a whole month i ate light) dont drink ANY SODA..layback on the dairy. i used to eat cheese like crazy, now i've cut down the amount. oh and if you feel an "attack" coming along take a hot shower or use a heating pad..i lay on my right side. i plan on getting mine removed after the baby..but they wont perform surgery on me since i'm pregnant!
  • Im on a low fat diet... My OB said if I were to get a fever he would have to perform an emergency surgery because that means its infected. Well I talked to a perinatal and he said maybe they can induce me early if my pain attacks are really bad. But Im not sure on what to do I dont want to live with this pain but at the same time I dont want to get induced too early Im shooting maybe for 37weeks.
  • @MissPrego i've been off of pain meds since December..so trust me if i can manage without anything you can..you just have to relax..stress can worsen(sp?) it. i would have the worse pain ever..i went to the ER a couple of times they kept telling me is was acid reflux. Then i went to another ER and they did an ultrasound and CT scan and found out it was gallstones. trust me i know the pain but hopefully you can manage!
  • I would try and stick with the diet even, though with me it didn't matter what I ate it would occasionally hurt, and take the pain meds. I wouldn't want to have to go through the surgery and be pregnant. I had never heard of getting an infection from it.
  • @firsttimer Im trying :)

@Amp907 Im sticking with the diet but I still get attacks and last time I started throwing up bile. Yea I dont want to have surgery right now because Im just 28 weeks but once I hit 36 Im gonna start thinking about early induction...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had them at the beginning of my pregnancy i was on a low fat no fat diet and it still didn't matter what I ate I still had attacks so at 20 weeks pregnant the took it out I'm fine and my baby is fine I'm 28 weeks along now and can enjoy being pregnant without pain. I'm glad I had mine out I haven't had any complications with food or anything. I hope everything goes ok for you I feel your pain honestly its a pain you never forget. If you need anyone to talk to or anything I'm here. I gets frustrating sometimes :-) but try to stay positive.
  • May I ask where your pain for gall stones were.and the feeling. Sorry jw
  • @Seifer12211 Its on my right side like it goes into my back right below my shoulder. the pain is a little hard to explain its like a strong dull pain....
  • That sounds like the pains I get often I just thought I was just growing,thanks I'm gonna ask my dr to be safe @missprego
  • @Seifer12211 Yea you should apparently I've been having the gallstones for a long time they never bothered me until now.... It wass weird one moment I was fine and the next I thought I was dying... I seriously thought I was going into labor.... (This is my first so I dont know what labor feels like)