July mommas Castor oil?

edited June 2011 in July 2011
So I just read a post about it... I waanted a all natural birth.... But I kinda do need her here early if she is healthy but just chillen in the womb lol.... My mom already said no to me using the oil .... But I'm going to talk to my doctor.... If she says its okay im going to try it at exactly 36 weeks n a day....that would be july 1st for me....im 33 weeks and days now..... I just wanted to no if any of u are doing it or not doing it for any good reasons? Due dateJuly 28

Comments

• Check out the other discussion about it. I'm tempted to try it, but I believe your body can't be tricked into labour. There's too many parts that need to coordinate (dilation, effacement, contractions. Not to mention when the babe is ready) I'm sitting at 40+3 right now, and as unhappy as I am,this is my first unselfish thing I can do for my girl as a mom...and just let her come on her own.

No judgements, everyone is different, every situation is different. If you try it, your babe and I might share a bday, July 3 ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @natashalynn... I did read other post ...thats where I got the idea from.....and awwww I hope ur angel comes soon.... N the whole selfish thing is a good point... I do hear babies are behave better when they come on their own....if my doc is totally against it thn .its a no go
  • I am so over being pregnant, but I'm afraid to try it. I'm uncomfortable enough with adding gas and the bathroom boogie.

I was 12 past due with my first, so I figure I can be patient... At least until my due date!
  • Ya def talk to your Dr, you never know what they'll say!!! They might even talk about inducing you, and then you don't have to deal with the grossness of the oil lol. I've just heard labour is easier if you just let it happen, bit I'm a ftm so what do I know lol
  • Why would you want the baby to come so early? I understand at 38 wks but 36 wks is a bit early in my opinion. The last few weeks the lungs are still forming. The baby could have respiratory problems. I would hold off to be on the safe side.
  • @HomeBIrthAdvocate so i kno ive been totally always askin u questions (i feel you kno my case just as well as my dr) do u think it would help my contractions regulate and also dr said at last visit (friday) i was 3cm dialated and 50% thinned and that kailee is pushin her head down to do all she can to get out.
  • Please don't attempt to induce yourself at 36 weeks. What if your due date is wrong and her lungs aren't at 100%? Give her/him all the time she/he needs to get out. 36 weeks is a premature baby. I don't understand why you would want to have your baby so early. Please give the baby and your body a chance to do what they're made to do.
  • Why do you need her here early?
  • Also incase anyone thinks im trying to bring her early im having and have been having contractions for threeish weeks dr said baby and body are ready im 37 & 1 day
  • My dr also said its up to me if I try it
  • I've heard it works ..there are so many things you can do to your baby while in the womb...like stress..smoking...lack of sleep all things that release toxins into your body...its your body and your baby if you feel your ready and have no doubt that its the right thing to do I think you should do it....women need support not to be criticized...I support you
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate thanks i figured my dr wouldn't give me the ok to try it if she thought it was a unhealthy choice for me or baby. but she said with the constant contractions, questions about my due date and the way kailee is tryin to push her head down and the fact that i am making progress each week that she didnt see a problem with it. I dont have a breast pump yet. i get one from my insurance once kailee gets here but have been trying hand expression.
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Why does ur baby need to come early???
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate yep im gunna try some sex tonight just did a walk to the mailbox and back. have drs tomorrow so if im not progressed enough to be kept ill ask to have my membranes stripped and see where it goes from there maybe try some more raspberry tea
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate thanks im startin contractions taht are 10 mins apart again so will see if they progress or stay that way or stop hopefully tehy get regular and strong so i can be havin lil kailee soon!!!
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate thanks hoping to have her before fathers day at the very least
  • I don't understand why u ladies comment when u have no support or anything good to say. If she wanted people to tell her no she would just listen to her mother like she said earlier in her post if u don't like what she wants to do don't comment very simple:) just like the other post the other day she's a grown ass women she can.make her own decisions and if she wanted negative comments she would of asked for negative comments .
  • I thoight thst 36 was full term ..... And I have college and want to spend as much time with her as I can before I start classes .... I guess im just soooo anxious its killlllling me!! But not even condidering it any more...my mom thn cursed me ouf about it all dayy
  • And thnks steph... I just ignore them
  • I was born at 36 with no problems perfectly healthy! But my mom didn't try anything to get me out early, I just wanted to get out lol! If you do try it good luck to you and your baby!
  • i also was delivered at 36 weeks emergency c section so most babies are ok at that point but if they are off on ur due date it could be bad. the only reason my moms dr was sure on hers was he had told her just a month prior to that she couldnt get pregnant and wasnt producing eggs so he was monitoring her for hpv and cancer to figure out y she was sterile. good luck hope things go good for you and baby
  • I've heard it works ..there are so many things you can do to your baby while in the womb...like stress..smoking...lack of sleep all things that release toxins into your body...its your body and your baby if you feel your ready and have no doubt that its the right thing to do I think you should do it....women need support not to be criticized...I support you
  • I had a successful expeirence with it almost three years ago with my son. I was overdue though with inconsistant contractions and my dr suggested it while I waited for my induction the following week. Well that following morning I had my baby boy! I would really only recommend it as a last resort since it makes you pretty miserable.....but it felt so good being all cleaned out after! Haha like that matters when you're pushing out a person! Good luck!!!