not FUN just need to vent [LONG, sorry]

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
and can't do it on facebook cause i don't feel like dealing with extra drama!

(Sidenote: my dad has two boys from his first marriage.. my mom has a boy and then together they have me)

Anyway, my dad has been sick for a few years now.. things are good and then times are bad.. in Jan/Feb things got really bad and he went into the hospital and ended up in ICU for 2 weeks then a room for a week.. when in ICU he had no memory of who me or my mom was.. slowly he started remembering random things and random times of his life.. while in ICU me and my mom took it upon ourselves to not tell ANYONE he was in there.. mainly because my dads children always run up there and the oldest always tries to act like he knows it all and doesn't know sh*t.. plus, my mom had found out that the oldest had convinced my dad to apply for life insurance so if he were to die that he'd get a bunch of money (little did they know that-that wasnt going to happen he's not insurable due to health reasons).. so meanwhile my dad got out the hospital on Valentine's Day (also the day we decided to tell them me and my husband we're expecting).. my dad's memory began to get better and better and he started realizing what his children was trying to do to our family (ie: the insurance and trying to convince my dad to live with them).. well the youngest of dad's children (before me, no i do NOT call them my brothers.. they dont deserve that title anylonger) called and told my dad shortly after the hospital thing that if he didn't divorce MY mother and go live with his two boys at THEIR mom's then he wanted NOTHING to do with him anymore.. and my dad said he wasn't going anywhere, therefore his son said never speak to me again! Talk about that being the happiest day of my life LOL :) meanwhile 3 months go by and suddenly he wants to talk to dad again.. why you may ask.. because he NEEDS something.. which my whole life it's been that way with both my dad's children, they basically only come around when they NEED something and of course dad ALWAYS does whatever it is they want and he always ends up putting his CURRENT family on the back burner! I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant, we've had to move in with my parents to not only get caught up on our bills but to try helping them with theirs so that they don't lose everything they've worked for and im just to the point i want OUT and to be done with it. My dad see's that he does nothing wrong, he doesn't realize that he jumps the second HIS children call or come by (which isn't very often).. he also doesn't see how it affects ME (and my brother, my mom's son).. my brother went for months not coming over just because why should he.. i mean yes me and my mom have something to do with him and his family but my dad doesn't and considering his REAL dad died when he was 2, my dad has kinda always been there so it hurts.. but dad doesn't see that.. all that he see's his HIS family.. i've told my mom that by the looks of it, once we get moved back out on our own.. i WON'T be coming back around.. mainly because i don't want my child seeing the bullsh*t i go thru and have been thru.. i don't want my child around all the constant drama and BS.. i mean i myself don't even want to be around it.. i just want to be happy again!!

Sorry so long, but i just needed to write and vent. I used to vent here and there via facebook but of course i was ALWAYS the bad person because everyone who always had something smartass to say only heard my dad's kid's side and 99.9% of the time.. that was normally a LIE!!

Comments

• Srry hunny. My dad has another family 2 and he barely comes around tob my brthers and sister. All we have is our mother. And my daughter has no father. He disappears for weeks on end while my daughter asks for him everyday. Its so sad. But he's engaged and his fiance comes befre my daughter =(