baby shower favors or prizes???

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
@booface really made me want to do favors because her gorgeous favors ;;) but I'm afraid if I don't do prizes then guests will not want to play the games? :/ any advice? I really don't have a lot of $to blow..already paying 200$for catering ..50for the place we r renting...

Comments

• U can get prizes at the dollar store. Body lotion sprays candles picture frames stationary.
  • @starkrayzie I would love to do something like that but I feel as if prizes like that people will not b interested ya know where I am coming from? Big prizes make ppl wanna win ...big prizes make me wanna cry when I see price tag :(
  • Unless you're having an over the top expensive shower then it wont be a big deal. I've never been to a shower with big gifts and everyone participated and had fun
  • Yeah, mine are pretty cheap dollar store things too. They've got to realize that everyone is not made of money and they should be excited to be there for you and your babies. The baby shower is for the baby anyway, the prizes are really just a nice gesture for them showing up. I'd be happy with a lotion or something else I can use and it doesn't have to come from bath and body works either. There's plenty dollar store knockoffs that are the exact same thing.
  • I think games make it fun and competitive I always win at least two to three prizes
  • oohhh I was going to post the same topic LOL!

I'm thinking of doing sexy time gift basket? With a bottle of wine (not too expensive) a romantic CD and some massage lotion.

A gift certificate for a pedicure.

A Large Duvel beer with a Beer Mug (we're having a coed shower)

And maybe some Movie tickets from Costco! LOL

• We had prizes for baby bingo and it was some scratch offs lol. For party favors we just did these little makeup bags with a body spray, lip gloss, juicy fruit (with a special wrapper for the day), and my aunt threw some samples in from her job (anti monkey butt, makeup remover and so on)
  • I gave my friend a baby shower and bought favor boxes from dollar store and bought a huge bag of jelly beans from Bjs for$5 and everyone loved it.the presents I got lotions,body wash and sprays.I heard someone on here once say they did scratch offs for the men I think its a good idea.good luck
  • My mil bought some hanging baskets for decoration and other flower center pieces of planted flowers and then made those the prizes!
  • For my favors i did a pink and white candy cane and it had a ribbon tied around it with the baby's name. Not expensive, but very cute! For prizes i went to the Semi-Annual sale at Victoria's Secret and got a lot of lotions and spent not even 20 bucks! My mom got some dollar store gifts and depending on the type of dollar store, u can find some pretty nice things!
  • Start looking at clearance items...at discount stores...like go to ross or dds ..if you have one or any other store and look at there clearance ...you can even find stuff at thirft stores..or try to win on your local radio station and use those for prizes..
  • Bath and body works is having their semi annual sale right now. I stocked up on discontinued or newly label changed candles, lip gloss and other items for my cousins baby shower and put them in galvanized tins with ribbon around the rim as prizes.
  • For the gifts I bought 50 used baby jars from eBay and filled them with personalized M&M's with ribbon around the rim to hide the Gerber then round stickers that said the date, then I put them in clear Chinese take out boxes on top of green moss and a rectangular sticker that said thank you for attending the baby shower. The extra stickers I wrapped water bottles with ribbon and the rest for her to stick on her thank you cards.