1 hour glucose test. Please say a prayer for me!

edited June 2011 in October 2011
I went to the doctor this morning because of an infection I have and they are going ahead and doing my one hour test while im here. Everyone please say a prayer that I pass it. Im already high risk due to a blood clot. I don't want to have to deal with gestational diabetes too

Comments

• Well if this is any hope.....they aren't that accurate
  • How mny wks are u? Im 24 I should be doin that test soon right?! Btw good l
  • *luck sweetz
  • Ill be 24 weeks on Wednesday. I think you are supposed to do it by 25 weeks.
  • I PASSED!!! They said it couldn't be over 140 and mine was 124! Im soooo happy!
  • My doctor does them at 26 weeks.
  • edited June 2011
    @Carsons_mommy Congrats! I passed mine too I had it at 25 weeks. Wasn't that glucose drink awful? Or did they give you a different juice that hasn't caught on here yet?
  • @Deni_b: what flavor did they give you? I had the orange. It tasted like orange soda with a whole lot more sugar. I thought it was pretty good.
  • I guess my taste buds are funny since I've been pregnant. It was orange too but it made my tongue and throat numb and made the girls mad at me! They were squirming so bad when I drank it. Bleh, I never wanna do that again!
  • Mine was orange too. It wasn't bad except where you have to drink it so fast, the last two drinks made me wanna barf.
  • @carsons_mommy how much and how fast do u have to drink
  • Its just a tiny bottle. But you have to drink all of it in 5 minutes and as soon as you take your last drink that's when you start timing for one hour and then when the hour is up they draw your blood
  • Its like the size of those drinks called chubys
  • I took mine to today and I am so nervous. The doc told me if I pass I have to take it again (that sucks ) and if I fail i may have to be on insulin nooooooooo!!!!!!
  • I had to take mine at like 16 weeks cause my moms diabetic and now I have to take it again at my next appointment bleh I just hate that I can't drink anything else for the hour... I wanted water so bad!
  • @preggooct10, @MerandaGarcia If you all pass the first one why would you have to take it again? My dad is diabetic and I just passed my first one by 16 points and they said I don't ever have to take it again.
  • @Carsons_mommy how far are you? For me I took an early one to test if it was pre pregnancy but now I'll take one at 27weeks to see if I've developed it with pregnancy (gestational?- the one only in pregnant woman) diabetes because then they will only treat me till baby is born but if it was pre existing then they would treat it differently
  • @MerandaGarcia I was 23 weeks and 5 days when I had my test done
  • I took mine yesterday it was orange it wasn't bad
  • I had a fasting glucose test at like 16 weeks because I am at an increased risk for gestational diabetes. They determined from that that I had it, so I have been watching my diet and testing my blood sugar three times a day ever since. My husband and I are now traveling for the next three months and I decided to go for a check up where we are staying right now in Kansas. The Dr. there reviewed my records I brought with me from my OB and he said that based on the number (94) from my fasting glucose, he didn't believe I had it. So, he suggested that I do the three hr. glucose test to make sure, even though my own Dr. told me I didn't need to have it done, since the fasting showed I had it. So, I went ahead and had the three hr. done today, ugh, why did I submit to getting my blood drawn 4 times in 3 hrs? I must be a glutton for punishment. Anyway, the Kansas Dr.'s office called me right away and said that I do have gestational diabetes. And two sore arms. Ahhh the things we do to keep our babies healthy. I actually find that having it helps me keep my eating in check, so I don't pork out. When this Dr. in Kansas said that I might not have it, I had visions of hogging out on everything. lol
  • I did the 3 hour glucose test before I ever even got pregnant and I was borderline. So I sure am lucky I passed my test!