HELP PLEASE. My babys belly. update

2»

Comments

• My daughter eats like every 2-4hours but lately she has been spitting a lit of it up. Not just like little spit up but a lot. Anyone know why she might be doing this or how I can fix it? She still has plenty of wet and poopy diapers.
  • edited June 2011
    @momof5 thanks for the advice.
    @navybabyonway u may need to change her formula. I had to change my sons a couple of times until we got it right. How old is she? And how many ounces is she taking? Sometimes bottle fed babies eat too much.
  • @martinmommi3 I breastfeed I dunno how many ounces she has never had a bottle. She just turned a month old yesterday
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2011
    Try a little bit of pear juice like 1 oz baby pear juice with one oz water I swear it will work it works wonders my sons doctor told me to do it about the same age bc he was so backed up on soy formula let me knw how it works for u :) good luck momma!
  • @navybabyonway wow I have never heard of a baby spitting up alot from breast milk they don't tend to overeat on ur breast.
    The correct name for reflux in babies is called gerd both my boys had it. They never spit up though. Their formula never came all the way up. Ask ur Dr for a swallow study. @uncaffienated_katie
  • @landynplus1momma. I will try that. We never had this problem with not pooping when he was taking regular formula. It all started when we switched him to soy formula.
    @navybabyonway. My boys spit up alittle after I breastfed them but not a lot. You could ask doc what he thinks. Hopefully its nothing serious. Maybe the epiglottis isn't closing like its suppose to just yet and allowing the milk to come back out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's great it has gotten better. And the swallow study tests for both types. They gave my boys pepcid for it. @uncaffienated_Katie

• My daughter has a umbilical hernia to n issues with pooping I breastfed her for 2months n in every diaper there was poop then we switched to neo sure similac for preemies n she was so constipated she would scream everytime she pooped then fall asleep cuz it took so much out of her. Her doc said add karo syrup tht didnt work. We switched to regular enfamil but now her poop is like thick peanut butter n she still screams well we were switching she had a lil blood in her stools now we give her 1oz of apple juice twice a day it helps a little
  • @lovemyangelbabys blood in the stool is a sign of a milk allergy hun, you may want to go to the doctor.
  • @lovemyangelbabys my son had blood in his stool as well He also strained so hard he turned purple.it was after hours so his Dr told me to take him to er. He was breastfed then switched to prosobee. He wasn't allergic to milk cuz that's not milk based. They said it was the strain causing the bleeding. They took xrays just in case bowels were twisted. Told me to switch his formula.
    Very important * when u switch formulas u must wait 5-7 days before switching again* one needs to leave the body's digestive system. I had to try every kind on the shelves with my 1st son. When that didn't work the Dr prescribed him one.
    I agree with @mommyoftwoprincesses u should take ur baby to Dr. No baby should scream while pooping an blood should not b present.
    Btw u can break the stool open an if there's blood n the middle its a serious problem. If just coated on the outside it's probably from straining. Good luck
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses I already went 2 days after it happened the quickest they could get me in it was from all the pushing