Has anyone taken terbutaline shots and pills to stop contractions?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Im 26 weeks pregnant with twins, went to the hospital last night for contractions they gave me 2 terbutaline shots then sent me home and now my dr wants me to take the pills every 4 hrs but im scared cause it says there mighy be side effects for the babies, anyone took this and ended up beeing healthy and delivering healthy babies?

Comments

• well there are side effects with any medication that u take....... but u have to stay positive. eveything is already developed with the babies now they are just growing in weight. I have to take -Hydroxyprogesterone shot every week
  • @josie749 I took the injections and the pills for 5 weeks and it helped me carry my son until 27 weeks. He had no side effects to the medicine. It will make you have a rapid heartbeat and the tremors very bad and will also make you very hot but the outcome is well worth it. Hope all goes well!
  • I got the shot once. Made me feel like I took a whole bottle of diet pills!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2011
    I dont mind having the rapid heart beat and shaking even tho it is annoying, I was just concerened about the babies but I called the dr. office and they assured me they'll be fine so I feel better, hopefully I wont need them for too long.
    @babynewyear2012 how is everything now? Did the contractions stop? hope ur feeling better.
    @mommy2isaiahngiselle im sorry you're going thru that 2. hope everything is better with you now, how many weeks are you?
    Thank you ladies for your help :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @josie749 I guess I should have said it was 12 years ago. He was born at 27 weeks and he is a happy big preteen and excited to finally becoming a brother. I have surgery dcheduled next week and I am sure I will be back on medicine soon. Your babies will be fine...just hang in there !
  • I'm 22 weeks and was in the hospital for a while today. They gave me 3 breathine shots, then started me on procardia. I've never heard of it until today. I'm hoping they work well. I've been taking progesterone shots since 16 weeks. My first was 6 weeks early and I was on a magnesium iv with her. Today scared me really badly. It's way too early for contractions. They didn't start with my first until I was about 27 weekas.
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle awww its great that you're 35 weeks and that they got the steroid shots, thats a lil more assuring. I hope you do keep them in there for as long as possible :) wish you the best.
    @babynewyear2012 oh ok god bless him, that helps me feel a bit better in case they do come early..i mean, I hope not but at least I know they will survive. Good luck with your surgery :)
    @ivie you poor thing, you started dealing with this so early on, im sorry you're going through that again, I hope everything works out and you dont deliver till its safe, ugh I know how scary this is, hope you have a safe pregnancy and healthy baby, ill be praying for you.
  • I took terbutaline when I was pregnant with my son a few years ago. I was about 26 weeks when I started the pills and they got me to almost 38 weeks. Yes you feel jittery in the beginning, but it stops once you've been taking them awhile. My son is now 6 and hasn't had any real heath problems. Hth...and good luck!!!
  • i did with my first! i went into labor every week for 11 weeks before my water broke so i had many shots and i took the pills too, and my son was 100% healthy! and i took the pills for 11 weeks! they really didnt work but they would keep me from having BH but when i was actually in labor only the shots would work! :( good luck! your babies should be fine! but the docs will take good care of you and the babies!
  • I have w all three pregmancies and carried them to term! I will have 4 healthy babies at the end! This time I think having twinkies made the procardia side effects worse but besides that, my girls are all healthy!!!
  • @josie749 I went into labor at 24 weeks and took it the rest of my pregnancy and carried to term and now have a 5 year old and you would never know I had a rough pregnancy.
  • I had to take them and they didn't harm baby, although they make the babies heartrate go up, just like they make your heartrate go up. They made me feel awful, like I was on speed or something lol. I have never done speed, but I'm pretty sure that Treb is what it would be like if I did haha