fruit bad for baby??

edited January 2011 in Teen moms
I would have thought fruit was great for me and the baby but I ate some watermelon, strawberries & grapes today and it made me SO sick. I started sweating and getting really bad cramps. I could hardly walk. Anyone know why this happened?

Comments

• If the cramps are bad you may want to call the doctor. Like, on a scale of 1 - 10, if it's more than a 2 or 3. At least call and see if you should go in.

As for the puking, babies can make you super picky in the first trimester (I'm assuming you're in your first trimester?). I say, if you have to force it down, don't bother with it. It can be difficult to eat a balanced diet on the first trimester.
  • Yes first trimester. I'm 9 weeks I think? But I've never been to the doc. And I haven't thrown up at all. Only headaches and I'm drowsy a lot. And well the cramps hurt bad but that was literally the only time I've ever felt like that. And it happend RIGHT after I ate the fruit :/
  • Maybe it wasnt u it was bad fruit u never know because fruits and veggies are good for u its all i crave is raw fruit and steamed veggies lol
  • Lol same here when I got that fruit I chowed down. I lovee fruit! But now I'm scared to eat it again :/
  • Wash it good before u eat fresh produce and even better get the cans of raw fruit in water or natural juice not the heavy syrup cans those are just sugar and fat and cook vegetables throughly and u should be just fine. ;)
  • Maybe babyboy is right, bad fruit? Maybe you should get the produce wash sprays to help prevent a reoccurance? I can eat very little food. I did have some broccoli the other day that rocked my world, though.
  • Alright well ill be sure and do that next time. Hopefully it'll help cuz I love fruit lol. Thanks :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.