Mice!!!!

edited June 2011 in Depression
Ok so I had a mouse in apt for months now...it only came out every once in a while...but I had a glue trap down and I noticed there was a mouse in there but it seemed much smaller than the one that was hanging around...so I came to realize that there is not just a mouse..there is a mouse family!!!...
Oooo my god... so I'm freaking out...now they are in my bedroom and they dart by me every day...my apt is not nasty...they just found my place I guess....what is the best way to get rid of them...I'm trying my best to get a new apt...and I think I got it...but its not happening fast enough...I'm actually scared :O

Comments

• Instead of glue use reg traps you can get for like 4 for 2 bucks and bait it with peanut butter then if u catch them just throw trap away that's what I do. I get them from living in the country
  • They have little bags of poison that the mice will eat then decay orderlessly in the wall...I tried traps once in my old house and it was a bloody mess ....just fyi
  • My friend gets field mice in her house. She set traps just like @babyinblack682 wrote. But shes not worried about. If she had rats then she would ne flipping out. She has 2 kids
  • I'm worried because I know life reproduce fast...and I don't want a million mice running thru.my house...especially with me having a baby on the way
  • Cashews and peanut butter on a snap trap... It was on that wierd looking dudes exterminator show... cant think of the name of it but it worked wonders in our garage...
  • And go through EVERYTHING they could build a nest in... boxes, drawers (pull em out and check in the dresser part), behind anything u dont move a lot... I stress boxes!!! They love to chew a little hole and camp inside....
  • I had a rat in my apt back in May and my apt is far from nasty. I don't even know how that sucker got in but I learned that no matter how or where u live they can still get in some kind of way. My dad put down some poison and that sucker ate the whole bag I was starting to think that there was a family in my house but it wasn't. I ended up putting down some Naproxen(a pain killer for humans) and he ate that and I never saw him again!! My apartment is out in the country so I'm guessing it was a field rat! Good luck getting rid if them!! :-)
  • They don't like mint or kitty litter...you could grow some peppermint in your window...you could line the walls and mouse holes with mint.. most of the time having used kitty litter around is more affective then the cat itself..they don't like the smell
  • Just remember most of the time things like mice, cochroaches, head lice flock to a cleaner environment yes they do and will live in filth but they will go where its cleaner to nest generally. I'm not ashamed. I have a mouse here and there more ashamed to say I have 2 cats LOL they obviously don't know their place!
  • @garagebandfan I tried poison bags and f*** did that stink for weeks LOL u got lucky