hair color remover help

edited June 2011 in Just for Fun
HELP! What can I use to safely get haircolor off my skin....my arms are slotched w/ brown hair color :)
thx!

Comments

• I don't think there's much you can do afterwards except wait until it wears off... but next time buy some petroluem jelly & slather it on your forehead & arms, and the color will wipe right off.
    *but just so you are aware, coloring your hair during pregnancy is not proven to be safe, and not recommended. :/
  • I used toothpaste and a wash cloth and scrub hard lol and it work really well. But I know you can actually buy a product from sally beauty store that's for removing color from ur skin
  • Try eather a baby whipe or hand sanitizer on a cotten ball. ...scrub slightly hard.
  • Thanx..had a feeling I wouldn't hear of a miracle remover. My dr said the boxed color at wal-mart, target, etc is safe..as long as I am in a well ventilated area and don't rub it into my scalp. But thanks for looking out for gumdrop and I, I really hesitated in doing it and have waited u til I was 23 wks (doc said after first trimester). thanx @vette_devil
  • @babynumber02 I used toothpaste, it did help some. Think I may go to sallys for the wipes though.
    Thx!
    @CntWaitFrMyLilSweets I'm going to try hand sanitizer now. We'll see if it helps. Thx
  • I used hairspray n a cloth n it came right off
  • Anyone know about how safe bleaching your hair is during pregnancy. I'm not prego yet but idk what ill do if I can't do it when I'm prego my hair is gonna look goofy lol
  • @nikki2690 my hairgirl will color pregnant women but not bleach them, not even facial hair bleaching. My doc said the same thing as color though, well ventilated and leave "roots" (don't drub into scalp). I'd ask dr though once your pregnant. Best to follow docs advice. :)
  • My neck and arms are sticky now, bit the hairsoray worked...don't look like I have hickies on my neck now! Thanx so much @janellesmommie
  • @nikki2690 my dr said after first trimester in a well ventalated area for anything like that but i wouldnt bleach mine i just dyed it darker (less fumes) if u wanna bleach it id suggest a actual hairdressing salon. also as a warning my hair did really funky things when i dyed mine it turned like 4 diff colors....
  • @cicelia I use windex I just spray it on paper towel then rub it off
  • Yea is sticky but works wonders lol ;;)
  • Ur fine to color ur hair while prego just like u said not into ur scalp well ventilated area n try to get ammonia free :) as for getting it off ur skin I usually just wait n was every day with soap n water
  • @mommakk88 thanks. I am going with that. I usee hairspray and it helped. My mom said bleach but I decided that is probably worse to soal into my skin than the haircolor.

Thanks everyone..It looks much better, still there but lots better. Hair is all one color again too..so I feel better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good old dish soap will get it off
  • @Cicelia good I'm glad :) its important to feel good about urself while prego!
  • @Cicelia how did u like the baby clothes btw???
  • @Risalee7 hair is dry now and mine did the same thing :( oh well, better than it was I guess. I'm just going to leave it for now, and try again in a few weeks. Next time I wont color it by myself. :)

@mommakk88 I loved them. So cute! They will be good for her, as long as she's not a 10 lb baby like my first son was :) haha! There were so many elephant things-totally excited about that :) hope your doggy is back to her old self again. Thx for the clothes too. They are a wonderful way to get her wardrobe started :)
  • @Cicelia o good I'm so glad! :) tink is def back to her old self n stitches are healing very well now the problem is keeping her mellow for the next week so they can Finnish healing lol. I'm glad I could help you guys get started good luck to u n ur fam hope we can stay in touch :)
  • @cicelia lol sorry i didnt get to warn u sooner. mine turned out ok with the 4 color thingy (almost looks like i did it on purpose) hopefully kailee will get here soon and i can go back to blond i miss it soo much. what four colors is yours? mines like dark purple, red, caramel blonde, and brown
  • Hydrogen peroxide helps
  • @Rissalee7 i was trying a brown black color and its blonde (where I colored but it didn't take), red, black, purplish and brown. It's really splotchy too. Oh well at least its now like straw and bleached anymore (it looked brassy because I have natural brown and tried to bleach it too much last time).
  • @mommakk88 we will def keep in touch. Maybe we will get together when our girls are here. They'll be close to the same age :) keep me updated on how baby is coming along :) since you'll be done w/ this pregnancy before I will. :)
  • Min was supposed to be deep burgandy purple like
  • @Cicelia o I will for sure :)
  • Im a hairdresser, coloring your hair while your pregnant is just fine.