edited October 2012 in Health

Comments

• Im so sorry love... there are plenty of women on pregly that can sympathize with you. Me being one. But I will say this is my 4th child to be born since my MC.. so please don't give up hope. And take all the time you need to grieve!
  • @praying4our3rd I followed your story then, too. I'm so sorry for you as well. It's just hard for me to even post on here, because since I'm not pregnant anymore, or actively ttc I just feel like a poser. We will get our chances when the time is right I guess. I'm sorry your 3 year old is constantly reminding you about the losses. Kids have no tact, but also don't understand they're being hurtful. If I remember, you have a son like me. They just try to process info the best they can. I've been rooting for you in the background. Just let me know if you need anything :)
  • @babynumbersix and @OregonMama thank you both. I love that I can get support here, even though we don't really have a loss forum. I have felt in limbo, so never posted til now.
  • Haha @praying4our3rd thanks, girl! A big eff you indeed. Good luck with the wedding plans! I got so stressed over planning a wedding, the hubby and I just ended up getting married on the beach at sunset with 4 friends there. No family. Simple and chill. :) can't wait for wedding pics!
  • @praying4our3rd So pretty :) Looks like an awesome location. Why do men have to be so damn difficult? hah
  • Was a molar pregnancy ruled out? Im sure if you had an ultrasound before the one at 10 weeks then it was, it just sounds an awful lot like what happened with me. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I know it's not easy.
  • @praying4our3rd I get that. I guess I'm just so private, I don't even want my family knowing. My mom didn't know I was getting married until the day before, I think. Oh, the guilt trips. But it's my life...and my hubby and I had only been together 4 months before we married. I just didn't want to hear it. haha Speaking of moms, mine is coming in a few hours. Better go clean up this dump of a house. How does one 3 1/2 year old tear up a whole place?! And also waiting to hear about an offer I put in on a house (my distraction from losing baby has been real estate!). I was the 7th person to put in an offer. Gah!! So wish me luck. haha hugs to all and bye for a bit!!
  • @Maranda3 It was actually a blighted ovum. It felt like a normal pregnancy until about 7 weeks, then nothing. I guess it was for the best since those pregnancies usually don't get far because of chromosomal abnormalities, but it still sucks. Sorry about your loss, too :(
  • @praying4our3rd no, I haven't read that, but that's ridiculous!! 3-year-olds are the epitome of ADD!! I'll have to read it later, but for now, really have to be a functional member of society. lol
  • edited June 2011
    @praying4our3rd I'll try the best I can, unfortunately it's not easy. There are 2 types of molar pregnancy; complete and partial. Both types (I believe) are a result of the placenta growing abnormally fast and irregular (essentially forming a mole). A partial is when the placenta is growing abnormally but there is SOME fetal growth (I'll get to that later). A complete is when there is abnormal placenta but no fetus. The reason my it happens, and I'm going to loosely recite what my doctor said, is: "The human is made with 64 chromosomes, the sperm splits creating 32 and the egg splits creating 32 so when the 2 unite the fetus has 64 chromosomes. With cases like down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities the ovum or sperm doesn't split properly leaving an odd number of chromosomes (ie, 62 or 65, just not 64) With a molar pregnancy it is believed that either the ovum or sperm doesn't split at all causing a fetus with 96 chromosomes."
    That's the reason why molar pregnancies have exaggerated symptoms.
    **some may not wanna read**
    For instance, I had a partial molar discovered at 11 weeks (but the midwife thought I had just miscarried at that point). I had outrageous sickness, scary exhaustion, and at 10 weeks I easily looked 5 months pregnant. When I didn't pass on my own I was sent to a doctor for a D&C he noticed the abnormality and sent it to a lab. I was snooping in my chart and found pictures of my abnormality. It was one of the scariest things I've ever seen. As I said earlier, I had a partial so there was some fetal development. Basically it looked like a grape-like cluster of nastiness with hair and teeth thrown in (sorry if some find that offensive, but it was).
    I hope that summed it up, if not I'll do the best I can to answer any other questions. I know it's rare, and the unknown brings curiosity. After all, that's how I learned all this.
  • @praying4our3rd. Don't worry about it, with knowledge comes acceptance. It was 8 years ago so its not as tender as it used to be. And yes, extremely high Hcg levels. I really don't know if its a fluke or not. I have identical twins now, so I have a theory that my eggs have splitting problems. That being said, I have the only twins in my family and have never even met anyone else who's had a molar.
    I did forget to mention that hcg levels have to be monitored for at least 6 months after due to the risk of cancer. They can go down and raise again which is a sign of cancer.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @praying4our3rd twins are loads of fun, mine are 4 now. I'm on my 4th pregnancy, but first "normal" one. I had a MC right before I got pregnant this time
  • @ashleyfew Yeah, I've researched levels, etc, but I just think if my levels were "acceptable", my doc would stop making me get blood drawn. :/ I'm going to have it done again tmw. Hopefully I'll just be done with all this junk. My hubby and I decided not to really try, try...just not use BC and see. Last time I got pg, I was obsessed about doing it during ovulation and tracking, etc, but now it's just like live and whatever happens will happen. Hopefully not another mc, though. Thanks to all of you guys for your support. xoxo!!