Doc pushing for c section

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I had an appointment today and my doctor is pushing for a c section. I'm 70% effaced but baby's head isn't engaged. We had an ultrasound last week to maguire his size. His head is in the 97 percentile, and ob thinks he might not be engaged because he just doesn't fit in my pelvis. Ugh... I really didn't want a c section.

Comments

• I'm 37 weeks. If we go full term she's estimating him to be 9 lbs. My hubby and I were both over 8 at birth. I'm a petite girl and doc has expressed concerns from the beginning of the pregnancy. Her reasons make sense, but I just wasn't expecting it
  • My sons head was above the %100 they had to add extra lines to the chart.
  • I was very against a csection but my dr had no choice but to give me one.. it wasn't as bad as I expected!
  • @lauren0204robert why did you have to have one? If you don't mind me asking. As and what was your recovery like?
  • Me too I was so afraid of a csection but after 2 days in labor with no progress I was so happy to get one recovery has not been bad
  • I ended up having to be induced early and after 20hrs o had only thinned out 70% and hadn't dilated at all. Recovery wasn't too bad the first couple days were the worst just bc noone told me to put pressure on it when I sneezed or coughed and my allergies were going crazy!
  • Thanks for the info guys! I think that biggest thing that scared me is the recovery. I have never had any major surgery (well my wisdom teeth... if that even counts) so I know nothing about what all is entailed with recovering.
  • I had my wisdom teeth removed about a month or so after my c-section and in all honesty, I thought my teeth being removed was worse! I was up walking around after I got feeling back.
  • I had a c section back in 08 and will be having another in Nov. The recovery, for me anyway, wasn't bad at all. Just get up and walk as soon as they say you can...that will help a lot. Good luck!!
  • If you knew you were having a c section would you pack something different in your hospital bag?
  • not really. You just won't need the things they say to pack to keep you busy during labor.