1 yr anniversary since he has been gone..kinda long

edited June 2011 in Depression
On June 16th, 2010 my child hood best friend/ cousin killed himself.
Our mother's were pregnant together, are still best friends to this day. His mom was supposed to have him first, he was born Oct 16th. But I had to make my debut early! I wasn't due until January, I was born on Sept 13th! That was the running joke, how I wanted to be older lol.
We were smokey and the bandit, we did so much together. He taught me how to play army guys, and catch the bad guy. We lit mattresses on fire, no joke I'm serious! To this day I say he struck the match, I told him not too, but he always said I did it! We were maybe 5-6 years old! We snuck out of his house when we were supposed to take a nap, just to go play. And even snuck back in and never got caught. I told his mom this last year, she thought it was funny. Thank God nothing ever happened to either one of us, but that was when it was safe to let your kids roam the neighbor hood. :)

So Thursday will be the 1 year anniv. I am dreading it. Not only am I depressed because he is gone, I never got to say goodbye. On June 19th 2010 we were suppose to have my mother's surprise 50th Birthday party. His mom, my sister and I were planning it all. just 8 hours before he killed himself he was helping his mom make decorations. We never had my moms party either. We had a funeral instead.
I miss his smile, the way he can make anything funny or into a joke. He was the greatest guy, and I wish he would have never left us way too soon. He was my best friend, and I miss him so damn much! :'(
In Oct 2010, my Aunt tried the exact same thing, she survived thank God, with no lasting effects. Why do people have to commit suicide?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comments

• this post made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. I too lost my best friend a few years ago. He drowned and I also didn't to say goodbye. Yesterday I drove past his old house and it made cry thinking about the last time I saw him there. It's never easy losing someone you love but with time it does get better. I pray God gives you strength to make through on Saturday. *hugs*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very sorry about your loss, its never easy to let go, even if u have a chance to say goodbye. Just try to be strong and remember the good times. "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal."
  • Thanks everyone! it is hard, but I will make it through. Thank you for sharing as well... I finally saw his mom 2 weeks ago for the first time.it helped me so much!