What all do you pack in your hospital bag?

edited June 2011 in July 2011
I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and I guess I better pack just in case :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dont forget ur cellphone charger.
  • I also packed a pair of sweat pants and underwear for my husband.

I had an overnight stay at the hospital (everything is ok now) and he stayed with me and slept in jeans.

Snacks are really good.
  • I am afraid to pack yet cuz I need what i have! :) i am taking applesauce (for me) and cereal bars (for him). I have only put my baby book in there for footprints and such...and some toiletries. Still can't pick a baby outfit...its so hot in Arizona but baby wont wanna be exposed...hopefully my carseat arrives before i go in! I hope i have 30 mins to pack before i go.
  • Oh if you have a computer, take that, and i am taking no slip socks. I remember my feet freezing during labor.
  • i packed travel size toilletries, a night gown, sweats, comfy shirt for coming home, slippers, socks (i heard u get cold after having baby), spanx, pads, underwear, change of clothes for SO, cookies. last minute before we leave i'll pack my cell, camera, ipod, and chargers (hospitals are boring), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and water
  • PADS PADS PADS!! otherwise ur stuck wearing the super thick 70s style the hospital will give you! lol i always used the always overnight thin ones. worked great for me. breast pads a good idea too. bring loose clothes and a robe and slippers always nice, if u have other children something to entertain them when they visit you and the baby. oh and when it comes to pjs id get a pair of the short dress style ones. makes it easier then being stuck in pants and shorts. more comfortable. i dont mean one of those old lady or sexy ones just a cute lil one. they are so comfy! my mom packed me one for my 1st and i thought it was ugly said i wouldnt wear it... after the baby that was the 1st thing i put on! lol! good luck to you and good thinking with getting packed now! i was always bad and didnt till like a week b4 i was due! lol!
  • I didn't read anyone say pillows? Should pillows be taken to the hopsital as well?
  • I didn't read anyone say pillows? Should pillows be taken to the hopsital as well?
  • edited June 2011
    I will def take my pillow, I'm really picky. And socks are very important. A robe is also ideal and @mandac10 is right, a nighty is much easier, after all, you'll be changing pads every few hours and likely puffy from all the fluids they give you during labor and I can't imagine a waist band across my newly vacated tummy. I wore the hospital nursing gowns, but will likely take my own this time. Pretty much all the other recommendations are spot on. Oh, I took cards to play while I was waiting to get the labor moving (I was induced).
  • Would you pack differently of you knew youwere having a c section?
  • Lip balm
  • Im having a csection @buebug3
    I'm packing for baby:
    Onesies, booties, hats, mittens, recieving blankets. Boppy pillow(makes it soooo much easier to breastfeed and hold baby after a csection and good for coughing and sneezing)
    For me:
    a gown and a loose tshirt.
    Socks... A pair of loose pj pants for when im walking the halls..My own undies and pads. Cash for the vending machines.
    Tooth brush and soap and lotion (the epidural makes me itchy) hair brush and ties. Chap stick. My own blanket.. Im always too cold in the hospital.
    Camera..laptop..and cellphone.. With all the chargers.. Im personally bringing makeup. Medicine for gas and a stool softener.. Extra jello cups.. Cause you can only have the liquid diet at first and im starving by the time they let me eat solid foods...
    And whatever hubby wants to bring..
    Oh and the carseat!

• I put together a full list awhile ago ill bump it up to the top
  • Pads panties night gowns grandma style lol bras toothbrush n paste soap lotion deodarant socks just things I use on daily basis plus my princess her blankets diapers brush to comb her hair her outfit im ready! lol
  • @bebita86 im new at this wat is toiltries
  • @mom_2beat19 toiletries are shampoo conditioner hair brush body wash stuff like that
  • 1. PADS (hospitals feels like a pamper) 2.UNDERWEAR 3.NITE CLOTHES (2-3 pair jus in case u leak ) 4. TOILETRIES 5. BABY OUTFIT (no need to take Onesies, booties, hats, mittens, recieving blankets use wht the hospital gives u )6.OUT FOR MOMMY TO GO HOME IN. 7. PHONE LAPTOP CAMERA CHARGERS. 8. SNACKS AND THE BABY CAR SEAT
  • How about brest pump? Should it be taken?