Low amniotic fluid

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
I went to the hospital this morning because I woke up like I had wet the bed. I thought that maybe my water had broke, but luckily it did not.
But my amniotic fluid 2 weeks ago was at 14 and now after going to to hospital and being checked out it has dropped to 9.6. I have to go for another ultrasound in 2 days to make sure it doesn't keep dropping. The baby was measuring good at 3 pounds 12 ounces and I'm 31 weeks 2 days as of today. So the baby has grown since my last appointment. I'm a little worried, and wondered if anyone else had experienced something like this. Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• I've never experienced low fluid in all 4 of my pregnancies. I'll keep ya in my prayers that your fluid stays at a safe level..be sure to update. I'm sure your scared!
  • @Kkj09- It helps if you're on bed rest... try not to walk around too much and get some rest so baby can make more fluid. :) Got this from my OB
  • @missprego @jaime77 thank you very much. I'm on bed rest at home now. And drinking A LOTTTT of water. Hopefully on thursday she will make more fluid or atleast not loose anymore. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts :-)
  • My fluid level is super low. At last check a month ago it was at an 8. This check was lower, but not sure the exact number. Im 30 weeks and 2 days. Mine is because my baby has fluid built up n his bladder. I have not been told to do anything to make more fluid, but i find that drinking water can help. Normal fluid levels r between 8-25 i think. U can google it 2 c. If ur dr isnt worried, u guys should b fine, jus drink lots of water! Prayin for ya! Gl m
    Mama
  • @pregnantlettemama thank you very much that makes me feel better. It's just worrisome to them because I dropped 5 in 2 weeks. But they say more than likely if I stay stress free and keep drinking lots of water everything should be fine. I pray for you and your baby as well! I'm sure we will have healthy beautiful babies!
  • @kkj09 maybe you could lower your salt intake too in addition to drinking more water. I don't know if it would help but it couldn't hurt
  • @Kkj09 lots od water and bed rest. I had to be induced almost a week before my due date because of low fluid. Mine dropped fast with in a week. don't worry because I just told you my story. I am telling you what you should try and do so you don't have to be induced.