im 23 weeks pregnant

edited June 2011 in October 2011
Does that mean ill be 6 months officially on Sunday when I hit my 24 week benchmark or have I already been 6 months?! Pregnancy calculation is so confusing to me!

Comments

• your 6 months when you hit 24 weeks.. congrats
  • it depends on what you and/or your doc go by lol. i know its confusing but according to this (which is what i go by and alot of women go by) then you actually are already 6 months. Congrats !

http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html
  • Thanks! ♥ because I was looking at this chart and it says the 6th month of pregnancy is from weeks 22-26 so I found that really weird, I've been calculating the months by 4 week intervals lol
  • edited June 2011
    Yup 24w is the 6months. I turned 24w today....and at my dr appt she said "hooray how does it feel to be 6months now"
  • lol that chart is weird i was told differently (you to count the weeks as the months) and then that your 2nd trimester was from 13 weeks to 27 weeks not 26 weeks but hey ive seen all kinds of charts out there i just stick with what the doc tells me
  • @JnetteP i was doing the same thing in the beginning, going by 4 weeks at a time :p . but ive seen this link posted on here and looked it up myself and have seen more than one website that calculates the same way. it makes sense to me after i looked at it lol
  • @ahendricks09 lol its wierd how everyone does it diff. im gonna see what my doc says and ill probably just go by the way he goes.
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife yea that how i thought it was

@kimmy819 and yes very
  • My doc said just take youe number of weeks n divide by 4 bc pregnancy works on exactly 4w months.
  • When does your third trimester begin?
  • At 24 weeks you've completed 6 months, and you begin your 7th month. Right now you've completed 5 months, and you are close to completing 6. Make sense? :)
  • I'm still confused though lol I was calculating it as me being 5 months and 3 weeks so completing my 5th month and now entering the 6th. I'm due October 9th so I doubt I'm entering my 7th month lol I'm 23 weeks now ill be 24 weeks on Sunday

@heibes @newmommy_navywife @kimmy819
  • @jnettep @23w you have completed 5.75 months...@24w you are now 6 months.

I'm due oct 5th(24w) and 6 months.

Divide your #of weeks by 4 and that's the number of months you are.
  • @JnetteP, think of it this way: Pretend you're, like, 3 weeks pregnant. You haven't completed one month yet, so you can't say you're one month pregnant, but you ARE in your first month of pregnancy. Same logic applies to where you are now: You've completed 5 months, but you're in your 6th month of pregnancy. All you would say is that you're 5 months pregnant. When you hit 24 weeks, you can say you're 6 months. :)
  • Okay that definitely makes sense, thanks ladies! Lol the confusions that come with pregnancy that nobody tells you about huh lol
  • I just turned 23 weeks today so I'm 6 months already???
  • From what I understand you have entered your sixth month but won't officially be six months until 24 weeks....like an anniversay, if you get married in june on june1st you have entered your twelfth month of marriage but won't have your real 1 year anniversary until whatever your anniversary date is...as if being preggo wasn't confusing enough!!!
  • From what I understand there is a highly scientific mathematical formula used to figure out week and month during pregnancy. It requires the use of exponents, logarithms, an entirely different math system not in a base 10, and some rudimentary addition. I can't seem to figure it out either. I just say, fu** it. I'm due September 4. You figure it out! :-D
  • Hahaha @shanIam my son was due Sept 4th n came the 21st c-section!!