tips for first time mother??

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I am due 09/28..I'm very excited just dealing with a lot of speed bumps such as...no ins...currently sick with the flu...unsure of how to tell my family and when (I am 19 and the "golden child") and very scared of having a miscarraige...any advice of any kind is welcome (:

Comments

• Thats my advice too! sleep whenever you feel like it. lay around and enjoy the quiet lol. Enjoy it. relax. and soak up all the extra attention :)
  • If you have any projects that need to be done whether its for baby, around the house or for yourself, work on it now, you might not get time to do it for awhile.
  • Relax. Try to get the stressfull stuff out of the way now. Like telling your parents. It may stink at first, but they usually surprise you and come around pretty quick. Knowing they are about to have a grandbaby! And you need to relax. There are always lots of fears, but they don't help anything and can stress out the baby. Not good for you. Make sure your taking a prenatel vit. Try to eat health, then those splurges wont matter as much lol. Stay active as long as your healthy. Walking and mild exercise. Get the book what to expect when your expecting. Great info and will help put your mind to ease on a lot of subjects. Good luck. Be happy. Enjoy it while you can. You'll be a mom befor you know it! You should be able to get state ins, and lots of help. Esp if your not maried.
  • I'm the same far along as you...I'm 23 and I still thought my mom was going to take it bad. She didn't even cry! She is genuinely excited, and will even let me stay at home asa long as I finish school :)

Just sit them down and tell them. Ask them not to be mad with you about what you are about to tell them