be honest about this name! please help!

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so I just told a family member our daughter name. My husband and I have been keeping it a secret but now she made me feel bad about it and I'm second guessing the name. I shouldn't of told her! She said it sounds Asian ....does it???? **KENLEY**

Comments

• I don't think so....I like it
  • Asian sounding?? Not at all.
  • Nope! It absolutely does not!
  • I love it
  • It doesn't sound Asian at all.
  • I don't think there are ANY Asians named Kenley. None. I like it.
  • That was one of the names I loved, but spelled Kinley or Kynli! Hubby doesnt love it though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My husband actually picked it out and would like for it to be spelled KYNLEE :) its different.... oh and that family member of mine said that (Lee) makes it sound Asian.
  • Oh they are crazy! !! I really like it! Go for it! We are naming our son Cain and I get plenty of rude comments...all I care is that we love it! :*
  • It's adorable, def not Asian sounding! :) I decided I wasn't telling family or friends the name we picked...they are just too judgmental! I don't want my decision swayed! :)
  • By her reasoning, Shirley sounds Asian. Lol which it totally doesn't. Go with it if u like it!
  • I like that name, its very cute & not Asian at all lol. My middle name is Lee & I'm not Asian
  • @augustbaby we were stuck on cain if we would have had a boy. I kinda like ut with a k. I think its a awesome boy name :) I love it!!!

Thanks so much everyone :) I feel better!
  • She thinks Kendall is so much better....yes I like it but idk if I love it :/ besides my husband and the kids have been referring to her as baby Kynlee already :) they talk to my belly all the time.
  • I like the name. Definitely not Asian.
  • Thank you!! We are stilll going back and forth with the spelling. I like th k but if we spell it with a c he will have my hubbys initials! I say u keep the name u have... I like it!
  • I love it!!!!
  • Thanks! Oh yeah than C would be good!
  • asian?!?! really?!?! hahaha tell them to go screw... it's adorable! ;-)
  • Lol....that's so silly! I like it...I say roll with it! She can kick rocks...:-P
  • I'm asian... And that does not sound asian AT ALL! Its a cute name tho
  • I'm not sure where she's getting an Asian vibe... but either way I love it! Don't let her make you second guess, it's a great name.
  • Asian no way my husband is Asian and kenley is American for sure
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Love it tell her to go take a hike
  • What part of asia is she talking about? Lol...but its a cute name
  • Loveeee it. I was going to name my girl, Tinley, but im having a boy! Lol (:
  • No, it doesn't sound Asian! Very cute, I like it! :)