Bed rest at 26 weeks :(

edited June 2011 in Second Trimester
I know some ppl have worse problems but I just cant stop crying. I am already a stay at home mom so im used to beeing home but I have a very active 21 months old toddler and no help and can't afford a nanny for more then 2 days max, my husband wants to leave our son in day care but theres no way in hell I can even begin to think about leaving him with total strangers at this age, I'm just begging for my mom and dad to step in and help a couple of days each...
I didnt know how serious bed rest is till last night at the hospital when I got my first steroid shot the nurse yelled at me when she asked if someone is helping with my toddler and I said no, she said I need to keep laying down and no stairs or caring for my todler unless I wanted to deliver my twins soon.
Did anyone go through this? How do you manage? Im sorry for the long post, just wantef to get things off my chest..

Comments

• It sucks but you have to do it. Bed rest is a last resort. If daycare is your only option you might have to. You absolutley cannot do the things you normally do. It sucks. There's a wesite called keepemcookin.com its a bunch of info and coping ideas with bedrest. Good luck.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am 33w4d & have been terrified of bedrest for the same reasons & because I went into pre-term labor last Sunday; I have a verrrrry active 3 year old who can barely sit through a 20 minute episode of Strawberry Shortcake! I have no reliable help; my in-laws are all pretty irresponsible, and most of them would make it worse than better if they came over to "help". My family all lives 3+ hours away.
    Thankfully my midwife doesn't think bedrest helps all that much & just told me to rest as much as possible & have my husband do more.
    Hang in there... what state are you in? Do you have any friends that can help even an hour or two a day???
  • @ll10 I know but i'm going to wait till I talk to my parents tonight and we'll see if they can help, thanks for the website.

@mommy_of_two I try to do that but then he gets bored so quik and starts screaming and having a fit so I can take him outside, he's sooo hyper he doesnt sit for 5 minutes, thats why its hard, thank you for your well wishes :)

@vette_devil I hope all goes well for you, its very hard beeing pregnant with a toddler. At 3 years old does your son at least listen to what you say? Cause mine doesnt listen much yet. no my friends are not helpful what so ever, it feels like they dont have patience for my baby :( but oh well,thats when you find out who your true friends are, when you truely need them.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My little girl listens... when she feels like it. I actually think she was easier when she was under two! Now she's so darn independent & thinks she can do everything by herself...
    I like Mommy_of_two's suggestion about a daycare with cameras, but if I ever saw something I didn't like, God help the person responsible!!! Daycare's scare the crap out of me, too. I've only just started letting my daughter go in the Playland when I grocery shop because SHE begs me to. But I hate it. :/
    Hang in there, hon. If you lived here, I would help you in a heartbeat!
  • Hi, im sitting at 24 weeks. My husband and i were told that we lost one of our twins week 23 im now sitting at home on bed rest. the other twin may have spinabifida we will find out during week 24. the only thing i can say is that during bed rest is to keep calm I do know that is hard. if you need someone to talk to Im here for you sorry i cant be of much more help
  • Well, my family agreed to step in and help so now my mom will be coming over twice a week, a nanny also twice, my dad once and my husband wil be taking mondays off in addition to sundays, so I'm covered for the whole week...even tho im really annoyed at my husband cause anytime I ask him for anything he complaines and gets lazy, I dunno how much he can last sometimes I just wana get up and get things done myself but I know I cant..ugh

@vette_devil lol your daughter sounds so cute god bless her, I love it when they have an adorable little personality..yeh, I can never leave him in day care, no offence to mothers that do, its just me I was raised without my mother so that broke my heart and all my life I promised myself that when I have kids I will never be away from them..i know im too much, I just cant help it, hes my lil man its been me and him at home from the beginning and were very attached to eachother :) thank you for your thinking of helping me that's really sweet of you to say, I wish I had a friend like that :) good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    @navymomma ohh im so sorry hun for your loss I know how that feels, ive lost my first pregnancy and it was twins...i hope your second baby turns out ok, I will be praying for you :) just take care and rest...and you're absolutely right it is hard to stay calm, especially cause you feel useless but at the end I remind myself it's all worth it and it will all be over soon, but hopefully not too soon..im here for you 2 anytime you need to chat :)