Early Castor Oil Documentary #3 (maybe)

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Okay well after reading @ynvtish and @havin_a_ girl castor oil documentary they have me wanting to do one myself. But am unsure if I should or if its worth a try. Reason why; am 34 weeks with baby #4 and because I have had two csections before this one will also be a csection which is schdule for July 25th. I have the understanding that thing castor oil thing is best started at 37-38weeks. And my csection is schdule at 40weeks. Should I just wait 2-3wks and have the baby without the castor inducetion or just make my life easier and pump this up a bit? I have already asked my doc and she just laugh at me and told me to go ahead but to keep her posted....lol....what y'all think????

Comments

• 34 weeks is WAY too early. The only reason these women started at 37 weeks, is because that is when a baby is considered full term. Don't risk your babys health! Honestly, caster oil works best when the cervix is softened. Its not gonna help if your body isn't ready!
  • Hun don't start until 37 weeks at least.its way to risky this early... I would wait it out.
  • I'm almost 35 weeks and my doctor said she us a very big baby. My cervix is soft and has been for 10 weeks so does that mean i can try?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just because she is big, doesn't mean babys lungs are fully developed.. in your case @ape7998 I would wait two more weeks
    %%-
  • Wishful thinking i guess i guess i will be delivering baby huey!! What's a couple more weeks thanks ladies
  • In reality, what's a few more weeks in utero, when it could save you a lifetime of medical problems? You don't wanna spend all that extra money on bedazzled inhalers to match your kids outfits, do ya? Lol
  • Def cause she can't go to nicu cause when she comes out a have a few bones to pick with her. :)
  • Lol.. sounds like me! Im not one for child abuse but... lol.. jkjk!
  • No no I wasn't thinking about starting now. I know its not safe and I wouldn't do that. But I was wondering if I should do the castor oil at all or just wait 2-3 weeks more to be induced since am hving a schudle c section at 40 wks.....
  • Original poster did say she was planning on doing it at 37 or 38 weeks
  • I've thought about asking my doctor if i could be the one to spank her. Lol it feels like we get to 20 weeks so fast then its forever to 30. Then a eternity to 40
  • Oh! Ok I see.. its really up to you. I personally tried 2 out of 5 kids and it didn't work... just made me miserable... BUT I've seen it work for some! Like I said before, it wont work till your body is ready!
  • If you want to try it at 37 weeks I don't see why not.. I did lol.worth a try.
  • If your doctor didn't have a problem with u doing it at 36 or 37 weeks.. I say go for it. Might as well try before your c-section. I went into preterm labor last Saturday at 34 weeks.. my doctor said after tomorrow at 35 weeks he won't stop labor because baby is measuring big and cervix is ready and dilated to 1cm already. I don't plan on doing castor oil until 38 weeks though.. if I make it that far. :)
  • Okay after following @havin_a_girl and @tnytish I have come to a concusion that I won't be doing a #3 to this castor oil thing. I see no point in it and after reading and read every few ppl actual see any real results. So to the other ladies and to new one good look....am ducking this one out.
  • Okay after following @havin_a_girl and @tnytish I have come to a concusion that I won't be doing a #3 to this castor oil thing. I see no point in it and after reading and read every few ppl actual see any real results. So to the other ladies and to new one good look....am ducking this one out.