diet/healthy eating struggles

edited June 2011 in Health
I need some help, advice, something... I am having such a hard time eating healthy. I'm 4w5d and just really want to be providing the best for my little baby, but for some reason I can't get away from the junk. I have the best motivation and yet I'm struggling big time. :( Has anyone else felt this way or struggled with eating habits and maybe have a bit of advice or words of wisdom?? I just can not get out of this rut.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lmelanson thanks. It's so freaking hard! I've just been really really bad lately - tons of fast food, pizza, whatever sounds good... I'm up 10 pounds from when I first started ttc, and that obviously isn't pregnancy weight! :O I just need to figure out how to get my act together... how far along are you?
  • @nova ugh, that would make it even more difficult! Not cool! :( I can't even blame it on cravings yet. ;) it's nice to know I'm not alone, though!
  • Start adding smoothies to your diet. Lots of fruit, protein, and you can add oatmeal for fiber. They're great for breakfast or a snack. Plain yogurt, honey, oj, ice, banana, (mango, strawberries, peaches, whatever...) 1/2 cup dry oatmeal. Put in blender and mix until smooth and frothy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueberrysmom thanks!! That sounds pretty good! And I could tell myself it's a shake ;)
  • Of course, this is coming from a woman who is currently overdosing on Skittles...
  • edited June 2011
    @mommy_of_two thanks for that! I do think if I could get up an active that would help more to want to eat good stuff. The two usually go hand and hand for me and I've been pretty lazy for a while now. ;)
  • @blueberrysmom Haha - but it's ok, because you're celebrating your BOY!! :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The easiest thing to do is to not have the junk in your house. I know if I have a bag of chips, I will eat it, lol. So I just don't buy them. I try to eat apples and fruit for sweet cravings, which is all I have, lol! But sometimes, you have to give in...I had chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.
  • @laura536 yeah, I should probably just go through the kitchen and throw (almost) everything bad out. Thanks for the tip! I think things like fast food and pizza will still he tough...