Fort Lewis Housing HELP!

edited June 2011 in Military moms
My husband and I have been looking since the day we got here for housing if we cant get on base. Everything we looked out doesnt seem safe for small children. What are good areas to live? Tired of living in a hotel with none of my daughters things and all my things. I am getting so aggravated and so is she my husband is here long enough to sleep and eat right now. He does what he can when he goes to inprocessing. Please help I need some advice on we to go and how have some of you ladies handle the inprocessing.

Comments

• Puyallup,some parts of federal way, edgewood,Milton,fife good. Areas n still somewhat close
  • I don't know that area so I'm sorry :( when we moved to Wyoming for shaun to go to school, I checked craigslist a lot (just change the city) and that's where a found our place. It was cheap, they took pets and it was close to campus (that's all that mattered to us at that time in our lives lol). Good luck..feeling like you have no where to spread your roots sucks.
  • Sorry I cant help w military part.....I miss. Wa soooo much!
  • @azmom we just got a place in lacey. Thank you for some input
  • Lacey is good too and Congrats!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama0811 my husband was told today that lacey was a good area so he came back to the hotel and said he wanted a place in lacey and we got one.
  • I live super close to fort Lewis. I live on the outskirts good towns close are yelm Roy mckenna all within about 15 minutes and pretty cheap places its really country though if you Wanna be in the city its about 20 mins away.
  • @mama0811 if you do college glen apartments are really good, that's what we ended up choosing. The waiting list isn't bad but my husband decided he wanted to live off base.
  • @Samantha are you from here or military?
  • From here have military family though. I live right by fort Lewis.
  • @Samantha ah. so is it pretty friendly around here? Or does it just depend.?
  • That is one of the posts that we were looking at moving too, once Adam gets pushed through. Good luck with your housing.
  • @mama0811 my husband did basic and AIT in Georgia. I really like Fort Benning, GA. If you do get ga I hope it is there. I remember waiting for my husbands orders, it drove me crazy. The we found out we were going across the country and it freaked me out. I know no one and my husband has already made friends its alittle upsetting.
  • @KrazymomofAdrian so far I have enjoyed the post and thank you. I believe we should be moving into our apartment tomorrow or saturday.
  • @mama0811 Ft. Benning I believe has the ranger battalion and I think Ft. Bragg my husbands best friend did ranger school at benning the stationed him at Ft. Bragg.
  • edited June 2011
    Also I far away from family with a 9 month old and 6 month pregnant but I am doing good so far. I just need to make friends now
  • @mama0811 well awesome new friend already. It seems like I get lonely easy even before we moved. But I hope it changes there is much to do around here and way more people. Well Ft. Bragg I heard was very nice.
  • @mama0811 I believe it's been nice since we got here just one cloudy day really. I am new to all this to. when my husband joined I knew he would get stationed some where but i never thought so far away from home. Now we are waiting too find out when he may deploy. I hope it will be awhile.
  • We are stationed at fort Bragg. The post is nice but the main town Fayetteville here is getting bad. Its pretty neat though because with it being an airborne post we get to take the kids to different areas they have selected to watch the soldiers jump out the planes
  • @mama0811 yea this our first move, and its been crazy I must say. So far from what he has been told when he deploys it will be a 12 month deployment but that is a normal for army deployment from what I understand. He has been told he just told me that he will be deploying sometime in spring. And he is 25B.