2cm dilated w/funneling at 23wks.

edited June 2011 in High risk pregnancy
I jus found out today and even though I have cerclage im still nervous cause anything can happen even with it. Hope my lil guy can stay in long enough!

Comments

• I hope your little guy arrives healthy, and desides to wait more!

Will keep you and the baby in my prayers! Stay positive! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hope your little guy decides to cooklonger. I'll keep you in my prayers...
  • @USMCwifemommy101107 Its a stitch tied around my cervix to keep it closed...an thanks.
    @TricesBaby Thanks. I get weekly injections to prevent preterm labor but they dont seem to be working. I just have the stitch holding my cervix closed.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm praying for you and your baby. Last week I was 1.7 with funneling
    next week I find out if I'm dilated and I hope I'm not b/c I'm only 24 weeks. But again you will be in my prayers...
  • @JAMiRs_MOMMY I hope your not either and whats funneling?
  • Prayers being sent hun, question though, why are you not on bed rest? That's usually hand and hand with a cerclage and you should e now especially since you're 2cm dilated.
  • @Proudmum
    Funneling is when your cervix
    starts opening from the
    inside.
  • Sending prayers your way.
  • Prayers for a long cook for your baby :)
  • I have a cerclage as Well it was placed on March 7 I was 16wks I'm now 31wks n I haven't had any problems since I hope dat my babii hold out until next Month n good luck to u as well...@Proudmum
  • I hope progress stops and your baby stays in for a lot longer! Are you on bedrest?
  • @JAMiRs_MOMMY They said I have that too.
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses @BensMama yeah they have me on bedrest. They said I can bedrest from home just dont go anywhere.
  • One of my coworkers just had her twins at 24.5 weeks and they are actualy doing amazingly well...in the NICU of course...but doing good. Hang in there!
  • edited June 2011
    Hang in there!! You and your little guy are in my thoughts, hopefully he's just a jokester and holds out a little loknger! ;) good luck!
  • Oh, goodness.!
    Sweetheart, you and your little one are in my thoughts and prayers.
    My nephew was born at 21 weeks, so I know how difficult the process can be! Today, he's a healthy 2 yr old and mean as ever...!
    I hope your little one holds off, at least for 6-8 more weeks.!
    Good Luck..
  • Thanks Everybody u guys r awesome!
  • Good luck mama & im prayin for u as well. I have a cerclage & gettin those 17p injections as well. Ur story has me scared cause I thought I was in da safe zone.....keep us updated :)
  • @TeeMommie2 Dont let me scare u my body jus does what it wants to I guess. Ill keep ya updated. Good luck to u an your lil one.
  • Aww I hope the injections work for you and your baby. I didn't know you can still dilate with the cerclage. I was told I also have a weak cervix and might need to get the stitch as well. I will be only 20wks in a few days. Do they know why you started to dilate? I looked up weak cervix and I cant find a reasom why this is happening to us. I do wish you luck
  • @Trisharose I started my injections at 18wks so I dont think they r working for me. They said sometimes the body jus does what it wants to do no matter what they do.
    @bri2186 Thanks for the insight.
  • @Proudmum
    Strict bed rest. Had an appt today and my funneling is closing up. Keep your feet on a pillow and when your laying on your side put a pillow in between your knees. Doctor told me to do this and it seems to be working wonders for me!!! #:-s
  • @JAMiRs_MOMMY Ok thanks good to know!
  • @proudmum you will be in my prayers...but keep ur head up I went in preterm labor w our 1st at 21weeks and w meds and bedrest he didn't come out till 37wks and 3days...and I needed pitocin then to help keep contractions regular I guess he'd changed his mind lol keep faith and rest a lot! Good luck!