So we decided to do it...

I am gonna be a military mom and wife. It is happening so suddenly, but I think it is the best for our family. We are gonna turn in the application tomorrow. And because he did so well on his test they will push him through faster. I am scared, but optimistic. We haven't told our families yet, we plan on doing that after it is done and over with. How do your kids cope with being military children. We are also getting married next month. I am really just trying to process it all.

Comments

• @krazymomofadrian are you both gonna be in the military or just your husband? I don't have any experience with the military and I'm not even a mom yet but I hope it all works out for the two of you.
  • @teuy I am just following him, they wont let mothers with young children join the military, plus I really don't think I could do it. Lol mainly because I have a problem with authority haha.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck. I hope it works out for u.
  • What branch is he joining? My husband is in the air force. And the only hard part was when he left for bmt
  • @almost4 she is 2 months and if you want you can read my other post. Thanks for the encouragement.
    @Carley thanks.
    Do either of you have any regrets?
  • He is joining the Army.
  • I sure don't. At times I miss being home near my family but overall its a great life.
  • im not a military mom but im and army brat i grew up with my mom and step dad in the army my whole life. so thats all i knew as a child it is hard to have to deal with your parent or parents being gone sometimes but you get use to it.. it shouldnt be as hard for your child though since they only one of their parents are gone but a good well to help your child handle it is when they are there make sure you guys have family time show them that they are loved and when they can understand explain to them about what is going on.. but good luck to you and with your family love
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My dad was a marine I loved military life then my mom and him got a divorce so I went with my mom to regular living lol now my husband is army national guard and he wants to go active army and is doing paperwork I can't wait! I miss military living
  • @Almost4 airforce and navy are the best they treat you like your a human with feeling...

If he tested great you should see if he can get into the airforce or navy. At least with the airforce you dont deploy that much. My husband s job doesnt deploy hardly ever. There are people that have been in for 15 year and havent been deployed
  • One thing to remember..their unofficial motto is "hurry up and wait" ;)
  • Thank all you ladies so much, I love him and am gonna support him all the way, but lol it is happening so suddenly. You all have helped, I am so grateful for pregly right now.
    @kandc1015, @almost4, @gatorbob, @ahendricks09, and @carley, @proudmommy8789, @teuy for the words of encouragement. I need it lol.
  • Where are you guys stationed? I think I am trying to get him to do Airforce if not then we can always do the army. Thank you.
  • @mrs_shu sorry is that the army or what? I guess I am confused lol.
  • I'm a soon to be air force mommy. My boyfriend is also in the air force with me.
  • We are stationed in florida. At eglin afb
  • The hurry up and wait is every branch.... They dont get in a hurry for anything! Once you go to get your id card youll see. Just make sure if you go to the dr (if its on base) or to get id cards or anything like that you make your husband go in uniform. Uniform gets prioriate. Plus the bases are full of retired people and you know there slow. Youll learn ways around it and youll learn to wait lol. Btw im an airforce wife and i love it!
  • @kindell I am glad that you iove it. I am sure we will too.
  • So what does hurry up and wait mean @kindell and @mrs_shu lol.
  • I'm not a military anything....lol I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! :D