Stupid Drunk driver...

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
OK so on 6/5 at 8:22 am my husband and I were in a terrible car accident. I was the driver and to make a long story short the woman that blew the stop sign going way over speed limit was drunk and she has changed our lives forever. I was knocked unconscious. I dont remember the accident thank god but my poor husband remembers everything. I was seizuring at the wheel right after we stopped spinning and he thought I was passing on. We are 14 weeks pregnant and all he could think was I just lost the love of my life and my child. We basically walk away from the accident all and all considering. My husband tried getting me out of the car but the fire department had to use the jaws of life to get me out. The ambulance took my husband to one hospital and me to another because of how severe my trauma was. He insisted on coming back to me. I love him so much!!! The hospital put us both in the same room. His injuries are bruised ribs broken scapula and whip lash. They kept him overnight for observation. Mine well I was not so lucky but I am happy to be breathing and that our little man is still very much with us!!! I have a punctured lung, 3 broken ribs (cracked the long way) pulminary contusion, concussion, whip lash and we are both bruised from head to toe. But like I said all in all we walked away breathing. The driver of the other car well thank god she is in jail she is being charged with felonies and her poor passenger well we are still hoping he becomes more then just a vegetable. He was the worst off. Please pray for him that he may recover. I just dont understand 8:22 in the morning and you are to damn to drunk to see a stop sign and come speeding onto a major highway. I am very thank ful that our 5 year old was not with us!!! This lady has changed my life forever and I definately know what true love is!! Since the accident I can not do anything myself and my husband has helped me with everything bathing, bathroom, eating, walking, everything! I have never known a love like his! I had 2 u/s in emergency room and little Weston is moving and kicking thank the lord! The emergency room Dr.s had to tell me I was pregnant because I now also have short term memory loss. I knew before accident that I was pregnant but after not so much I couldnt even tell you my name for at least 5 hours. Sorry this is so long I just needed to talk about it. That stupid woman almost took my baby from me. She almost took me from my little girl and from my wonderful hubby...all in a blink of an eye. Sooo PLease Pregly's becareful and tell those that you love often because you never know when someone else's stupid mistake will take you from this world!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My heart goes out to what you & your family had to go through and happy to hear everyone is alright! Hopefully that lady sits in prison for a very long time!
  • I'm glad you are ok and your husband is right there with you every step of the way.I'm praying that you have a quick recovery hun..
  • God bless you and your family are alive. Sad story :-( Thank-you for sharing.
  • Thank you ladies!
  • I'm glad to hear your you and your husband are okay you all will be in my prayers..and I hope you have a quick recovery
  • I'm so glad u all are OK.. I will keep u in my thoughts and prayers
  • Wow that's. A sad story ...but thankfully a happy ending! I'm glad u and your family are safe my heart gose out to you for a fast healing and safe deliv ery when its time...my prayers will be with u and I hope that God sees justice done to that woman!!! Thx God for the saftey he's given u!
  • Wow so glad that you and your family are ok and your little man is fine. Hope you have a quick recovery and take care
  • Thank u for all the prayers... You know I just want everyone to make sure you kiss and tell all those you love often. It all happened way to fast. As for delivery yeah all the Dr's say delivery is going to be extremely hard.
  • @oregonmomma what part are u from? I'm in Oregon also?
  • This is a very sad story, thank God things are looking better for you and your family. May him keep blessing all of you!

Some ppl just really need to start thinking before getting so stupid and driving! I wont even let my husband grab the phone or any device while driving..

You and family will be in my prayers, stay strong! :)
  • Thank god you are all okae. Much love and support to you hun. Stupid drunk drivers. I have more to say on that, but I really like pregly.
  • Wow I am soo glad u all three are alright I couldnt imagine going through something like that... drunk drivers make me so mad! I lost my 9 year old cousin to a drunk driver right in front of his older brother me n my younger brother to make it worse she had her two young daughters in the car! How people can get behind the wheel being that intoxicated blows my mind. You will all be in my prayers n I hope that woman gets what she deserves!
  • Your a fellow oregonian too!? Sorry just read through that I hope you heal quickly n thank u for sharing your story
  • @mommakk88 I'm sorry for your lost. Yup I'm Oregonian... Thank you for your kind words!
  • @krazymomofadrain & @rubi1989 thank you for keeping us in your thoughts! I agree about drunk drivers and how I really feel about them but I also like pregly. there was definitely an angel with us and still with us to keep us safe.
  • I'm so pleased you are on the mend! Sounds like you have had an awful time! Sending my best wishes and prayers x
  • @mylittleman2011 that's ok he is my angel now :) it will be eight yrs next April sense he left us but still feels like yesterday. I know he is always there n he is keeping the rest of the family up there well entertained I'm sure lol
  • Oh wow... I am so glad you guys are OK! What a miracle!
  • @mylittleman2011 u are so blessed! I will keep you all in my prayers.
  • So glad your ok and baby and everyone in your family. That is terrifying. I'm so glad that lady is in jail and I hope sheis stuck thinking about what she did to a family just for a night of fun. My thought and prayer go out to you and your family and the passenger.
  • Oh wow hun. So glad you, your husband, and your baby are all okay. God was watching over you. I will pray for a quick and easy recovery hun!! Get some rest and god bless!
  • Yikes, that is just horrible! I'm so glad god took care of you and your baby and hubby. I'm a believer and I just imagine him holding you and your tummy and protecting you from the worst. I'm so glad your family is ok. I will pray for the passenger and for the soul of the driver.
  • And of course prayers for your recovery!!! (I forgot to mention that!)
  • Im so very glad that you guys only received injuries and did not lose your life.

Will keep you guys in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
  • I'm so glad your story didn't have a sad ending and that you and your family are getting better! So sorry you had to go through that thou...
  • God Bless you and your family!
  • Your story made me cry. That's just horrible! I'm so happy you are all ok. God was watching over you all. You are so right that we shouldn't take any day for granted. Every morning my husband kisses me goodbye before work and I'm so thankful that we do that incase anything ever happened throughout the day. Like you I would be lost without him <3